HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

• 2 weeks later...

Well, haven't had much time to tinker. Did manage to get the front wastegate relocated. I just bought a stainless schedule 10 45 degree pipe and welded 2 tial inlet vband flanges on there and that was plenty. Welded a 90 degree cast elbow on the turbo, and a few other little things. Ordered the 4 inch exhaust stuff and some oval pipe. I got my gauges mounted on my pillar so now i have 4 on my pillar, turned out pretty good. I'll post pics once i get them all wired up. Wiring harness shipped out today, finally.

8168040258_0d48b96e43_b.jpg

8168011505_d92a8b04dd_b.jpg

8168013069_1e3b5304c6_b.jpg

Little bit of time to start on the wiring... Still a ways to go but here is my progress.

Made an aluminum plate that will bolt onto the firewall.

8187099422_421a2e7622_b.jpg

Then I blind nut riveted the componets to the plate which give me the ability to unbolt them without using a wrench or anything on the backside.

8187098830_09e776b067_b.jpg

More to come... Hopefully.

One of these days something actually has to go right, because not a single day has gone by that doesnt piss me the hell off.

Called the aem guys before i bought the twin fire and the smart coils and they said "yea they work together thats what they are made for".

Ok cool, so i bought the twin fire and coils and had a ungodly expenivse harness made. Talked to a few tuners today and they said you cant use those coils.... WTF let me call aem again.... Called em up, nope you cant use those with the Twin fire, its one or the other.!!!! mother ASDF@#$@#$@#$@#$askdk;fjha;sfkda;df.

This build has been a nightmare thank god its my last one.

Are you not going to be able to just adjust the harness? Did you get a name of the person that told you that it would all work together? If you do actually have to redo the harness i'd give yury a call at wiring specialties. He is actually running an AEM system on a rb setup. If i had my old harness I'd send it to you... i wanna see this beast running!!!

Well, this getting dark at 5:30 crap is reallying hampering my efforts. Sent the harness back to Chase Bays. Got the downpipe finsihed last night. Now i have about 1/8" or so gap between my steering shaft and my rear wastegate outlet.

8207472523_4438632acf_b.jpg

Yea I am hearing that now after i bought one. It looks like its done nicely, everything ohmed out ok. To their credit this is a highly modified harness. One other problem with it is the FICD valve plug is keyed wrong so i will have to modifly that plug.