HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

Bad day today, huge bottom end noise. I changed oil from rotella 15w40 to royal purple 15w40 yesterday. Today I have a destroyed block I believe. Stay away from that shit. More later, time to get really really drunk.

Edit, plugs are intact, hopefully the head and above is undamaged. 

Edit 2, very fine metal dust in oil filter. Engine rebuild time yet again. Might just sell it and get a GTR.

Edit 3, Engine ready to come out tomorrow, just gotta pull the downpipe and driveshaft. At least i have a firewall disconect for the wiring, thats nice... 

Crying inside so much it is coming out as sweat. Oh wait its hot as hell here. 

Edited by ZT-R

Sorry to hear this from you....   :icon9:     So many people have problems with these motors, it's insane!  I guess I did something right. Going on 10,000 mi in mine w/o a hick-up.

Do you have any suspicions on what caused your RIPS short motor to fail??  Brand of oil doesn't sound likely...

Very sorry to hear that.

One thing bothers me is here labour is cheap and so is the built quality, mechanics mess up the whole car but once its running usually no issues comes up, then how come an engine from such a highly reputed builder have on going issues, will they stand behind some kind of commitment? if you contact them

Crank is shot, number 1 rod shot. Looking like V8 time. Same price for a fix as the original. Im not doing that again. This one didn't even make it 2000 miles. Joel please fix my title, i dont want anything to do with this.

Edited by ZT-R

got off at the next exit about a mile and shut it down. 

"The crank will already be at 0.25mm, it was ground to suit each individual pair of bearings (so no set sizes as such) and with the heat/damage it has I wouldn’t recommend trying to go to 0.5mm and I doubt it would clean up anyway.

Rob"