HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

i bet its something to do with the external pickup sucking air or something of the sort.. was the crank cleaned and grub screwed? 

This is my external p/u pan, and it hasn't failed me yet. I guess there could be a way this could cause a issue, if not sealed properly, but I have confidence Lee made sure of no leaks/ suckin air...

post-181-0-61548900-1378512990_thumb.jpg

post-181-0-36719200-1378513003_thumb.jpg

Yes im sure no air leaks. All tight 12an hose with 2 connections, each clean and tight and dabb of epoxy on the outside for vibration resistance just like we do on airplane fittings. I think im going to go internal pickup though. Maybe dry sump but i want to keep my damn ac... the one that mounts under the alternator willnt fit in the s30 :(

i think you still have something goofy with oiling, perhaps your running the sump dry?

I say that because your running a Tomei pump which does massive volume and its spitting out 70 psi at idle... thats nuts and way overboard.. you stated your N1 pump was doing 50-60psi at idle thats way more than i was getting when i had my N1 pump installed on my 25. Perhaps some of the difference is due to me having oil squirters, but My block does have restrictors in it.

My oil pressure hot is about 80-85psi 6k and up 60-65psi around 3k and about 20-25 at idle

i would take those shims out, there is no need for oil pressure like that..

One other thing, i also have an Endyn prepped head with all the goodies, when i got mine back from Larry i noticed he didnt clean up or drill out the oil returns on the head, i did it myself.. not sure if you did that or not..

Mitch

Edited by flatrate

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Get your engine stuff in a box and ship it to europe. Http://www.sky-engineering.com/

This guy did build my rb26 engine for my r34 gtr. Made over 750hp and i got 1 year warranty on the engine.

No one gives you a warranty on a racing engine, he is the only guy i know. He checked my engine, found many things that i haven´t.

He is working on RB engines every day, never hear about a broken engine that was build by him. When i had a problem with my build

engine (LinkG4 ecu map sensor was broken), he drove 300 miles to fix this in my garage at home.

And the also made the lowest offer to build my engine, he is the no.1 choise for RB engines in Europe.

If you need a cheap way to get your engine here, i know a transport company that ships from LA to Rotterdam (Netherlands). You can put your box

in a container with old U.S. cars for maybe $200.

And stop buying fancy new stuff until you found the part that destroys your engine!!!

• 2 weeks later...

No room for dry sump. Im not sure im going to keep the rb in this car yet. I got a new crankshaft from rips, just for minds sake. I did find some HX series bearings yesterday.

Im not shipping an engine across the world again thats just ridiculous. Its an engine. The main this is the specs on the crank and rods which is usually the issues. I asked for a stock crank that has been balanced. I have never been around a crankshaft that has been turned actually make it very long.