HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

140 is fine.. wet pistons could be from something else.. not likely it needs a rebuild..

FYI my car only does 95psi on a compression test.. as long as it's consistant your fine..

Are you sure the turbo isnt causing issue? the motor has been oil staved multiple times, so the turbo had to suffer as well.

Wet pistons isn't a complete give away that something is wrong

Edited by flatrate

Just started reading this thread, thx for sharing the details. I'm just about ready to track mine next month, basically still stockish tune, stock turbos pushing 8.7 lbs boost, just under 260whp SAE. What advice or gotchas I should look for? Lots of discussion on oil pressure, I don't think I have an issue, but do wonder if some of the high speed tracks and high-g corners locally will cause any oil starvation. I have the RB25 pan, and someone recommended the McKinney baffled pan. Thanks for any suggestions.

I have the Mckinney pan but with external pickup. Its very nice quality except they didn't deck the flange after they welded it. I had like a 1/4 gap which probably would be fine with a lot of "the right stuff" but i had it milled down flat anyway. I would highly recommend it. if your tracking a lot i would look into an accusump and i would also put an alarm on your oil pressure gauge. Not a lot you can do without opening the motor up. also probably put an extra quart in at the track.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

315 is pretty wide, surely that enough rubber? If not you need some traction control or less power. :D

I think 335 would look to wide when viewed from behind the car because S30 are quite small cars, it would look really over tyred.

People say damn that some tire on that thing when i had the 295's on there. ha she gets better traction but i have only driven it once on the new tires, weather has been crappy, either cold or raining. I need to get it to the dyno anyway.