HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

Yea i agree with the wide tire look, but it sure does feel a lot better on 315s. Probably gonna end up with a hoosier dot slick too. Got some good pictures at the tail of the dragon last weekend. I'll work on getting those up.

Yea spins like i was on the stock tires. Try a set of hoosiers next year. but you just petal the hell out of it, once you start hearing spool let off or your in trouble. :P 
That was an absolute blast. loved the dragon. now if we could get the speed limit bumped up and a road closure event, then we would have something. :P

Looking Great

You say so still spin up the wheels, I assume this is mostly in first gear and perhaps a bit in second also?  Just wondering because my car has huge grip from only 225/45/16 semi slicks, always surprises experienced tuners/drivers by just how well it grips once the tyres are warm so for sure Z's can grip. Softish rear suspension helps it squat a bit and dig in. On cold tyres it will spin second even on low boost but once they are warm the grip is great, not to much spinning even on high boost, first gear is always useless though, I would imagine if I ran 315's I would get zero wheel spin in any gear, although I do only have 480hp 500ftlb for now. 

i do have some camber in it. i would say about 2.5degrees so I'm not getting 100% of the tire but 1st and second are useless even with tires warm. 3rd with hot tires and it will grip on the street it will light up if you downshift and go full out. the nittos nt05r are better then the old kuhmos, but they are no hoosiers. don't get me wrong it grips pretty good but you have to drive it, can't just be a petal stomper. 

i do have some camber in it. i would say about 2.5degrees so I'm not getting 100% of the tire but 1st and second are useless even with tires warm. 3rd with hot tires and it will grip on the street it will light up if you downshift and go full out. the nittos nt05r are better then the old kuhmos, but they are no hoosiers. don't get me wrong it grips pretty good but you have to drive it, can't just be a petal stomper. 

That's awesome and how far along it's been! I'm working up slowly with mine but will use it for road course track days on R-Comps. Let me know if you run into driveability issues on the AEM wideband. I'm only at 8.5 lb stockish now. 

Yea  i would doubt a good 60ft time like yours clint. maybe 1.9 or so at best then again the track has a lot more hook. This thing is scary above 120, need some more aero. I did order an electronic power steering column, so hopefully i can change my alignment settings to make it feel more stable. 

Took a lot of modification but i got the T3 tribar to fit. Had to cut of the rear breather on the valve cover, weld it closed, weld in a new bung about 1/2" forward, repaint that, cut off the back of the coolant tank off to allow clearance for the rear bar, weld that back shut, weld in a section to allow the bar to pass through the coolant tank, blah blah. Oh I had to bend the bar about 18 degrees right where the coolant tank sits. Oh had to grind some on the front of the blue bracket at the hood latch to clear the intake valve cover and the spark plug lid. Happy with the results, only have about 1/8" of hood clearance. haha

post-980-0-77177500-1433086488_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-84140100-1433086503_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-48062000-1433086514_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-55663900-1433086525_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-36426200-1433086538_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-59468300-1433086550_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-96710300-1433086561_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-86992400-1433086573_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-58554500-1433086585_thumb.jpg

Edited by ZT-R

It was a long time ago so maybe I'm not remebering correctly.... but what I'm saying is with a stock rb26, r200 and stock rearend... I would drop clutch around 4500 and get lots of wheel spin. 275x50x15 dr. So even a lunch close to that your in the low 10s.