HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

• 2 weeks later...

There are more in that flickr album, i just post the more relevant ones.

Its the Zpowersteering.com kit. gonna take some time to get use to it. there is a power lead and then a switched power to energize the system. This system goes off input torque and does have a sensitivity potentiometer. I think I could get creative with it and use a switched power off my ecu to toggle the entire system off above certain parameters if i wanted to, just have to take it to the track or something to play with it and see how she feels. Its great around town though. I do tend to wander a lot, but that might just be getting use to it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A lip will help creat a lower pressure area over the hood vents, but it's already a low pressure area compared to underhood. Adding a lip adds drag.

Have you measured underhood temps at idle and at speed? Do you need to increase the low pressure above the vents to drop underhood temps? Will that decrease in onderhood temps offset the drag of the lip?

I suggest you run the hood as is and measure. I've measured underhood temps with my racing L6 and it was within 10 degrees of ambient once the speed reached 30mph. That's with a stock style CF hood and vents in the inner wheel well.

Well i actually did some work on the inside of the car today. got new vinyl trans cover and all that crap changed out. Totally different looking. Also put some 1/4" Dynaliner on top of the dynamat before installing everything. Hopefully it will be a touch cooler and quieter. Haha yea right.

I haven't been driving it much, its soooooooo hot. Im sure with my ems i can make it however i want to. I'm going to pull the relay and see how it is without power. might tell the ecu to shut it off above 30ish.