HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not 100% done with it but close enough for now. I have little patience for aligning body panels. With the hood being so light and no spring the front will ride up so it looks like it doesn't align more but thats cause i can't run a hood spring with my intercooler and condenser in there. 

post-980-0-81847300-1446161147_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-39482100-1446161200_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haven't had much time to work on it, but slowly making some progress. Turning out well i think. I decided not to make it all one piece, it will be 3 piece with a removable cross brace and i might put an adjustable helms on the rear part just cause i have some helms joints laying around.

post-980-0-81322000-1451794216_thumb.jpg

post-980-0-59283800-1451794227_thumb.jpg

Nice job Lee. I was thinking a brace across the back to hold the two aft lower control arms together. The Arizona Z setup has a billet bracket that tie the two together. With all the torque your producing, those two must be trying to pulling themselves apart. A simple strap across the bottom, picking up the two bolts on either side would really box everything together.

Your pinion mount is making my brain think of way to correct an alignment issue I have with my car.

Good luck with the test drive!

Gord

I don't have it pictured but i drilled and tapped the rear and front so i can do exactly that with some helms joints and a bar.  T3 does have what they call a "Dog bone bar" or something like that which does the same thing, but slightly lower than the mustache bar if you look close you can see it in this picture, its black. I have 1/2" helms joints and 1" round aluminum bar I'm gonna use to make the bars.

5851486350_c3cca2e4e3_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...