HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

what did you do, just cut the flange off straight, then section out like an inch and then weld the flange back on? do you have pics of your cars grill with the intercooler behind it? i am trying to figure out if i want to mount my intercooler as far forward as i can or back in the back like you have it.

well, i have been slacking off. Currently fabricating a surge tank and tinkering with some fuel stuff. fixed my window regulators so i can roll it outside during work hours. Got the radiator mount fabbed up. here are some pics of it. unfortunatly i live in a small town so finding parts and stuff is next to impossible so i took (2) 1/8 2" angle brackets and weldeded them together and had 2" flat pieces and welded them together... be cleaner if i had some 4" channel and 4" flat stock, but it will suffice ;)

5391254007_1f4fbdc72c_b.jpg

5391857058_5ed399e32b_b.jpg

5391885972_6cd343642b_b.jpg

ZT-R, Great looking build!

Any chance you're selling the ITB set up you replaced with that new intake. I've got a tripple carb intake for an l28 I'd like to adapt rb26 throttle bodies to.

Just thought I'd ask since I noticed your in S.C.

Mark.

i will be at some point, i really want to the the car running before i start selling anything though. if your in no rush that might work for ya. my sister lives in greenville, i'll be going up there around the 26th of feb but i dont think i will be running by that time.

Yeah man, no rush it's just I side project I'm working on.

I'm running a shaved intake and custom fuel rail right now and playing with ideas for

an ITB set-up next. Maybe this spring or summer we can work something out.

Again, very nice build and thanks for the reply.

Mark.

"mark, i think i might have seen your car on a friends, friend's photo on facebook.... greenville and a rb25, probably not alot of those..."

Nope, sorry to say thats not me.. I was working a deal out with a local jdm importer for a complete rb25 set-up when I got a good deal on an 82turbo donor car so I,m sticking with the l28et for now...

My wife and I are planning a roadtrip to Charleston and Hunting Island this spring, mabey we'll stop by to check out your progress then.

Anyway, not wanting to derail your build thread any more so I'll pm you some time.

Keep up the good work, looks like it's gonna be a beast when complete!

Thanks, Mark.

what did you do, just cut the flange off straight, then section out like an inch and then weld the flange back on? do you have pics of your cars grill with the intercooler behind it? i am trying to figure out if i want to mount my intercooler as far forward as i can or back in the back like you have it.

Yes taken about a 1" mellon slice out off the plemium and welded the flange back on this takes it away from the inner wing and now it now points to the large hole in the rad support pannel will post up some pictures tomorrow.

I love the datsun on the coil cover, how did you do that? Feel like making a second?

Thanks very easy job to do i bought the chrome letters from a local car spares shop they come with a double sided tape to the rear side, all i did was cover the letter R in a red vinyl to give it a Nissan badge look and had the cover polished and stuck them down.

Can post a step by step guide if you want up on the forum ?

• 4 weeks later...