HybridZ

My 240 rb26 build

ZT-R

well here is the fuel pump in the rear. (1 walburo 255hp to fill the surge, and 2 in the surge).

5620191619_02fff63537_b.jpg

stupid vapor tank... why they didnt put a piece of sheet metal over this and block it from the cabin i have no idea...

5620191837_18a5d6dc46_b.jpg

here is the rear sump pickups, dual crimped 8an teflon lines

5620779652_0f2d61b0d4_b.jpg

side shot of the rear fuel pump

5620780000_4762f6825f_b.jpg

AAC and air regular plumbed.

5620192221_95de160412_b.jpg

here is the overflow tank, its only 1qt which has me wondering but next time i fire her up i will see how much it fills up before i weld the lid on there. nevermind the nasty welds on the left side....

5620780234_3e925945c1_b.jpg

holding up good. i use it in my crane company too for blocks, hooks, spreader bars, shackles too. its the only thing that holds up to abuse. i was thinnking about using the tycoat primer and putting auto paint over it in the engine bay but by the time i get everything done your not gonna see anything except for the only run i have in the engine bay, which is right under that recovery tank :(

well another non productive weekend....

i thought i had my pinion angles just right today, cranked her up, tuning the aem and got into 5gear and got alot of driveshaft vibration (has to be because i dont have any axles hooked up to my diff). it took me a day and a half to get it where it is now but it still isn't right. i need to find a digital inclimometer, as i cant read these damn angle finders up in the tunnel. I tried using sockets coming off the flanges, using the crankshaft (which seemed the most consistent), etc but whatever, i'll figure it out.

Installed a new clutch master cylinder. got it to work i think. i dont have any axles yet so i cant say for sure, but i can spin the driveshaft with my hand. the r34 is a pull (slave closer to the rear of the car pushing towards the front). i have the rod on the petal way far out. i might take the old "nut collar" that attaches to the petal and lengthen it 1/2" or so. The new master came with a rod and tank but the rod was like an inch shorter than the one that was in there, so i swapped the longer rod (glad i did that) but might need to make it a touch longer.

hard to find twin turbo cv's that are affordable.. best place is carquest with my shop owner's discount and just pay the cores... cheaper than 200 bux when they come on ebay every blue moon. also trying to find rear calipers for a z32...

more to come. say tuned :P

ZT-R,

I wanted to ask what you did the stock fuel liquid/vapor vent line that runs from the Driver's side of the engine bay back to the hard part of the filler. In the pics below, it is the hardline with all the white overspray on it next to the the open turbo coupler. Did you incorporate this line into your RB system or do a delete?

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Your system looks great!

Bill

i took out my hard line but i will be hooking it up. i plan on using a check valve inline and it hooked up to a vacuum log coming off the intake manifold. make sure you have a check valve on it, vac only. at least that what im doing.

ok, broke out the lathe on the suspension and i am glad i did, turned out great. more pics to come.

these are the lower perches that come with the ground control coilovers.... they made me laugh and reminded me of my hondas weaponR suspension...

5656082692_8d6a0b828a_b.jpg

so giving the middle finger to that i made these. hammer tight tolerances turned out perfect i must say ;)

5656083686_58171617f5_b.jpg

then i modified the top hats to fit inside the bearing like the oem perch...

5656082980_be6891af19_b.jpg

5656083230_0e56b360c9_b.jpg

got it lowered on the ground today and can push down own it my my scrawny self and one of my guys says "now thats a suspension" ahah love it..

Here is 2 front suspension shots.

5673657516_bdfcb66be2_b.jpg

5673091677_f5337eb32f_b.jpg

I pulled my 280z brake booster which had the 15/16 mc upgrade already on it.

5673661238_542408da18_b.jpg

here is the 240z booster pattern. the 280z is slightly wider, hell you could slot these if you wanted to but i just redrilled it.

5673657936_8ef725f592_b.jpg

I shuck the booster and didnt hear the reaction disk flopping around but i decided to investigate while i had it out, im glad i did. i was wondering how i was going to get the disk out,i used a air gun and blew it in at all angles and the reaction disk came flying out (lots of people have trouble getting it out, so just use the air gun mine has like a 45 degree tube on it so i could stick it down inside there).

5673090657_acf1140d4e_b.jpg

put some quick set epoxy on there (after i sanded and degreased the surfaces of course)

5673658910_0f410ce3b0_b.jpg

and the end result...

a 280z booster and a 280zx master cylinder.

5673090423_361f0e13af_b.jpg

here is the clearances, kinda hard to see but its tight fit, but it fits none the less.

5673092761_33f73d3b4c_b.jpg

*sigh* she is getting there... 3 steps forward, 2 steps back... so one at a time. hopefully T3 will have some parts next week so i can get the rear end done.

B)

now if i only had a way to pay for it i would be able to sleep at night...

Edited by ZT-R

well, spent all friday and saturday drilling and tapping out all these broke off bolts, in the body, probably 20-25 of them, geeez...

anyway trial fit the front lip and bumper, got the aem boost solenoid hooked up and wired, mounted the emblem on the valve cover finally, haha that should give me about 10hp right there... I'm starting to get excited, i know its premature but thats my nature ;)

5677839984_56604449ec_b.jpg

5677281937_dfbc4b91c8_b.jpg

5677282375_edd12449b3_b.jpg

are the stock injectors good for 12psi on stock turbos? i know the 1cc per hp rule, so i would think so but figured i would ask.

Looking good. Let me be the first to congratulate you! Also please remember I am first in line for purchasing the car when/ if that day ever comes!

Quick question, who did you have ship the car? I am needing to ship a car.

i used one of those transportation angencies. most of there fees are the same (about 125 bux) then they put it out on a network that the carriers see. i want to say it was like usa transportation or nationwide transportation, something like that. i would get a quote from Reliable Transportation. i think they are a big company but they have a rig that parks in a plaza when the driver is home and man what a nice setup they have... probably more for high end autos though.

well, i tell ya, everything is fighting me tooth and nail. went to install the blinkers and i heard something rattling around, ok no biggy i will just take off the lens and see whats up... well it was only the shiny bulb surround that was loose so i epoxied it back on there but to get the damn lens off i had to weld an attachment to each of the phillips screws cause they were all stripped and i couldn't get my vice grips down in there. holy hell what a pain, but its all done now. got the air damn mounted and the bumper mounted. starting to look like a car again.

5689144220_ac32010711_b.jpg

5688572845_ac630c4607_b.jpg

Thanks for the info. The guy with this car wont ship it, so now I am flying out to drive it back this weekend.

Anyway, what is next? wheels? cage? ...?

I actually like the airdam black and unpainted more than the ones that match. Looks way more aggressive.