HybridZ

Build Threads

UofA_ZCar

Sure is Butthurt in here. If you have some nice modifications you are wanting to post just make a new thread and make it about those mod's so other S130 guy's can find it easier then if they had to find it in a build thread. Don't expect to bring something purposely aesthetic (that has no performance gains) to a performance orientated site and expect no one to think any different of it or take it willingly. I'm sure their would be some other Z sites that don't mind it, so why try to force it here when it would just be a waste of time?

emperor-let-the-butthurt.png

• Administrators

I don't see a point in making another thread after my first one was locked and sent to the shed. If the moderating staff feels that way about my car then idgaf.

Then why on earth would you make the comment that you have more to share if you genuinely don't give a....? :unsure:

Does this mean you are leaving then? B)

No ma'am

I wouldn't be so sure that, comments like this and your stay on this island may be much shorter than you think. :wink: Staff sees that you display blatant selfish disrespect for others elsewhere on this forum including the chat room, (some might call that being a hater).

Two way street here, you've got to give to receive, not expect to receive, then give.

I know this thread will be locked most likely because it is going way off topic but I just would like my opinion heard. I don't know PurePontiacKid from the next guy but I agree that I think it kind of sucks that his thread was locked and moved just because it "goes against what hybridz is" I haven't seen a mission statement saying that anywhere. I think his thread should be available to all to see. If you don't like it don't look at it. Feel free to leave your opinions but then never look at the thread again. There are people here that like it. When I first nought an S30 the first thing I did was google for forums. The 2 major forums that I found was www.classiczcars.com and www.hyrbidz.org. I love them both. classiczcars is a good source for OEM and originality anf hybridz is for everything else. In fact when I hear the word hybrid used in car terms to me it means that a motor has been swapped from a different model into a car. I never really thought hybridz was for performance only. If that were true then everything people talk about here would be strictly for performance only and not aesthetics.

I think aesthetics are just as important as performance whether your style is slammed on the ground or almost stock. Hell I purchased a set of fender flares and Rota wheels from the group buy just for looks and not for performance.

To me Hybridz should be a place where people can gain and give knowledge of z cars on all aspects. People have to stop being so sensitive about things that they don't agree with or like.

In fact rule #1 in Hybridz.com says this

1. The purpose of this site is to discuss TECHNICAL topics that pertain to the modification of the Datsun/Nissan Z cars (240Z, 260Z, 280Z, 300ZX, 350Z). No thoughtful modification that enhances performance or styling will be put down. The philosophy is one of "parts is parts" - it doesn't matter what automaker originally made the parts, if you think that using those parts on your Z will add to it's performance or cosmetic appeal. But the emphasis is on FUNCTION, not the addition of graphics, wings, etc. to only make the Z LOOK like it is a high performance car. However, everyone has their own ideas of what stylish modifications look good or bad.

Check out the bold parts. A little hypocritical I think.

But anyway just wanted to give my opinion.

Edited by padam07

I know this thread will be locked most likely because it is going way off topic but I just would like my opinion heard. I don't know PurePontiacKid from the next guy but I agree that I think it kind of sucks that his thread was locked and moved just because it "goes against what hybridz is" I haven't seen a mission statement saying that anywhere. I think his thread should be available to all to see. If you don't like it don't look at it. Feel free to leave your opinions but then never look at the thread again. There are people here that like it. When I first nought an S30 the first thing I did was google for forums. The 2 major forums that I found was www.classiczcars.com and www.hyrbidz.org. I love them both. classiczcars is a good source for OEM and originality anf hybridz is for everything else. In fact when I hear the word hybrid used in car terms to me it means that a motor has been swapped from a different model into a car. I never really thought hybridz was for performance only. If that were true then everything people talk about here would be strictly for performance only and not aesthetics.

I think aesthetics are just as important as performance whether your style is slammed on the ground or almost stock. Hell I purchased a set of fender flares and Rota wheels from the group buy just for looks and not for performance.

To me Hybridz should be a place where people can gain and give knowledge of z cars on all aspects. People have to stop being so sensitive about things that they don't agree with or like.

In fact rule #1 in Hybridz.com says this

Check out the bold parts. A little hypocritical I think.

But anyway just wanted to give my opinion.

I think you are way off base here. If the next cool thing was to put lawn mower wheels on a Z, and drive it around at 3mph, it would still not be something for this website because it would DETRACT from performance. Same with slamming a car and stretching tires... no one said you shouldn't do it, just don't do it here, because it DETRACTS from performance, no matter how stylish anyone thinks it looks. Hybridz's purpose is FUNCTION over FORM, and if you think that form should go before function, then you are in the wrong place. As it has been stated many times before, if you don't like what this site stands for, then you don't have to stick around.

When it comes to styling in ADDITION to function, that's a different story. In this case, you will never have a car that is a 1/2 inch off the ground that could ever, ever be considered a performance-oriented vehicle.

I think you are way off base here. If the next cool thing was to put lawn mower wheels on a Z, and drive it around at 3mph, it would still not be something for this website because it would DETRACT from performance. Same with slamming a car and stretching tires... no one said you shouldn't do it, just don't do it here, because it DETRACTS from performance, no matter how stylish anyone thinks it looks. Hybridz's purpose is FUNCTION over FORM, and if you think that form should go before function, then you are in the wrong place. As it has been stated many times before, if you don't like what this site stands for, then you don't have to stick around.

When it comes to styling in ADDITION to function, that's a different story. In this case, you will never have a car that is a 1/2 inch off the ground that could ever, ever be considered a performance-oriented vehicle.

i understand what you are saying. I love this place there is so much information you can spend days looking at it but it does say in the rules "enhances performane OR styling" Doesn't say performance only.

Edited by padam07

One of the reasons his thread was locked was because his "modifications" where causing some contention among members and also His modifications may be stylish but they are not performance orientated and are actually dangerous. Stretching tires against their built design is dangerous, also lowering a car that much is also dangerous for multiple reasons and I don't have to go into why they are dangerous as it has been covered before and explained as well. Plus who wants to buy new tires all the time because they wear out the inner edge of the tire while the rest of it is in good shape? Most people correct their suspension when their tires start to wear badly. You may have bought fender flares and Rotas for looks as many on the forum have but those mod's don't take away from performance and also have aided many members in helping put down more power with more tread. If PPK wants to add to the forum with some performance mod's for the S130 guy's I'm sure they would appreciate the new info, but otherwise if it doesn't add anything then it wouldn't be worth the trouble. Ratsun.net is a small forum for modding datsuns and is slightly more relaxed about modifications its not a very big forum but I know there are people their that also have slammed Z's.

i understand what you are saying. I love this place there is so much information you can spend days looking at it but it does say in the rules "enhances performane OR styling" Doesn't say performance only.

True, but I am thinking of this portion:

"But the emphasis is on FUNCTION, not the addition of graphics, wings, etc. to only make the Z LOOK like it is a high performance car. "

If you ask any mod, this is what it's all about. Everyone shows off their paint, cool body kits, etc, but the line is drawn where it hurts the performance of the car, is the main point.

Yes but it also says any Thoughtful modification, which stretching tires to extremes which you can't even do at a good reputable tire shop and reducing camber to make a tire and wheel to big to fit without correct modification isn't my idea and most likely the admins and moderators of this site idea of thoughtful.

• Administrators

As the rules state, this forum fully supports "form following function", Performance first, cosmetics second. (objective first, subjective second).

What this forum does not support is "function following form".

If a modification that matches or enhances the performance of the car over/beyond stock, also brings with it some cosmetic benefits, that is what HybridZ is about as can be seen and read throughout this forum since it started over 10 years ago. But if a modification degrades the performance of the car and/or is a safety hazard in it's intended usage or is a modification soley for acquiring attention with no performance gain or is for art only, that's not what HybridZ is.

Lowering a car to intentionally drag the frame rails is not a performance upgrade/enhancement!

Stretching a narrow tire on a wide rim is not a performance enhancement that improves lap times, ETs, MPG, etc and is seen as a degradation of the tires designed safety limits.

Until it can be objectively proven otherwise that such modifications do enhance the performance of a sports car, that is the "stance" HybridZ takes on this topic.

^ Good point. Just saying that I think people should have a choice on what they like and not like. Even if they get one little bit of information to help them in their own build then it is all worth it.

He has a choice to what he can like an not like no one is forcing him to denounce stretching his tires etc. the thing is I don't think the information should be shared if it is unsafe which IMO it is (powersliding over speedbumps, leaky fuel line, you get the idea).

reducing camber to make a tire and wheel to big to fit without correct modification

This is exactly what I'm fixing, I don't want that much camber (a bit, yes, but I will be able to remove all of it when I put my drift spares on)

So I took my build on a little assbackwards and went for the style first, at least I've got the look I want, now I'm working on getting the handling where I want it, is that so bad?

I simply don't like the fact that my build thread was locked and sent to the shed without any fair warning like "hey stupid, take out those pics we don't like" would have been better than just coming in and not finding my thread at all.

This is exactly what I'm fixing, I don't want that much camber (a bit, yes, but I will be able to remove all of it when I put my drift spares on)

So I took my build on a little assbackwards and went for the style first, at least I've got the look I want, now I'm working on getting the handling where I want it, is that so bad?

I simply don't like the fact that my build thread was locked and sent to the shed without any fair warning like "hey stupid, take out those pics we don't like" would have been better than just coming in and not finding my thread at all.

I hope you do make a post about what you plan on doing, it's interesting to me plus since you have a S130 it will be more of a first then if it was for a S30. I can understand how you feel about your thread, but I look forward to hearing or seeing what you plan to do.