HybridZ

Build Threads

UofA_ZCar

I've been spending a lot of time reading old threads in preparation for the next phase of my build. While doing so I've stumbled across many build threads in various other forums besides the members project section. The moderators seem to be really on top of keeping the topics on track but why don't these get moved into the proper forum?? Those threads have a lot of good info in them and would be easier to find in the right section.

I think one reason for that is the build forum used to only allow members to post in their own threads, like a blog. Since people wanted others to be able to comment, they posted in other areas with their builds. I know what you mean, though, my build thread is in the S30 section where I posted it initially.

I think one reason for that is the build forum used to only allow members to post in their own threads, like a blog. Since people wanted others to be able to comment, they posted in other areas with their builds.

That makes sense. It might be a good project for the administrators to just switch those threads to the project section, get all that info/experience into one easy to find area.

That's probably more than the admins really want to tackle right now, seeing as there is more damage control needed on a daily basis than anything else. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up. But, if you see something in particular that you think should be moved, you can always nominate it.

• 3 weeks later...

It stems from the model specific forum, every post in there could be filed else ware. There needs to be a model specific under each category. Most people don't ever use the trouble shooting section and that is what over half the post are under the model specific.

Hey guys, too bad you locked and sent my thread to the shed, it's about to have a bunch of stuff done on it that hasn't been done on an S130 as of yet that I know of, and it's all in aid of making the car handle better and get rear suspension back in spec.

like I said, too bad.

Edited by PurePontiacKid

• Administrators

Hey guys, too bad you locked and sent my thread to the shed, it's about to have a bunch of stuff done on it that hasn't been done on an S130 as of yet that I know of, and it's all in aid of making the car handle better and get rear suspension back in spec.

like I said, too bad.

PontiacKid,

I agree, it is too bad your build thread is in the shed, though it was for a reason. Without getting too deep into it, your thread has some wonderful and valuable tech info that has benefited many, thank you for that. :2thumbs: It was for that reason the thread was only moved to the shed vs deleted. :wink:

It was moved because some of the modifications performed to your car and showcased were modifications that are not aligned with HybridZ philosophy, (frame rails dragging the ground on purpose, aggressively stretched tires, etc), which will be met with strong opposition from the “objective performance first” mindset of this forum. Those mods do fill another niche that has a strong following with many other sites dedicated to such, sorry HybridZ is not one of those.

Please feel free to start up a new build thread to show case your car, there is a lot bout your car to share that is aligned with the HybridZ bent towards sports car modification, all we ask is that the main focus be the performance enhancements, not so much the extreme stance mods/appearance. B)

• Administrators

No thanks, I know how you guys feel, so I won't be making another one.

Saw you posted and thought you were being genuine in what you said and actually wanted to share the upgrades to your car, just figured it would be nice to let you know that info would be welcomed. If your intent wasn't genuine, I'm not sure I understand why you even bothered with such a post? :unsure:

In short, if you have something to share and want to let us know that then share it, don't waste our time. B)

BRAAP is trying to tell you that your posts are welcome if you can keep them in line with the fundamentals of this forum - this is not Stance Nation, stretching tires and dragging frame rails are not performance enhancers. Your posts on this thread are reminiscent of pouting. If you have hurt feelings that your post was sent to the shed, no one is sorry. It did not belong on this forum. Dust yourself off and re-post the technical information. Or, don't.

or he can un lock and move my thread back, there's no point in me making another thread if I already had one at one point.

Yes, he could, but that would defy the rules of the forum and what it stands for. Are you going to make a new build thread?