HybridZ

1972 240z fuel cell project

bmr89

Guys, As you are aware, the Z curse of the rusted gas tanks overwhelmes many. I am a new customer to it's greeting, and in so, decided to drop the old tank out, throw it in the trash, and go with a fuel cell. Looking on line I found a good deal through RC Engineering, whom design plastic, or polytheolyne fuel cells in all shapes and sizes. I wanted to base my decision on a few things.

1- could it fit in my spare tire hole without serious body mods

2- find one reasonably priced

I found one through rc for 160 bucks, and it came with a sending unit :)

dimensions were 17x17x11 and it fits perfect in the spare tire hole.

I then strapped her in place, and plan on building up a false floor to the tip of the tank, there is about 3-4 inches sticking up from the top of the spare tire hole. I will use sheetmetal to cut, weld, and fab the floor to the height of the tank, leaving a hole for breather and return lines, and so I can still fill the cell easily. Btw it will be bolt in as well. So any servicing to my cell will be loads easier in the future. Pics to come of what I have done already, I'm posting this on my cell lmao.

• 10 months later...

Guys, As you are aware, the Z curse of the rusted gas tanks overwhelmes many. I am a new customer to it's greeting, and in so, decided to drop the old tank out, throw it in the trash, and go with a fuel cell. Looking on line I found a good deal through RC Engineering, whom design plastic, or polytheolyne fuel cells in all shapes and sizes. I wanted to base my decision on a few things.

1- could it fit in my spare tire hole without serious body mods

2- find one reasonably priced

I found one through rc for 160 bucks, and it came with a sending unit :)

dimensions were 17x17x11 and it fits perfect in the spare tire hole.

I then strapped her in place, and plan on building up a false floor to the tip of the tank, there is about 3-4 inches sticking up from the top of the spare tire hole. I will use sheetmetal to cut, weld, and fab the floor to the height of the tank, leaving a hole for breather and return lines, and so I can still fill the cell easily. Btw it will be bolt in as well. So any servicing to my cell will be loads easier in the future. Pics to come of what I have done already, I'm posting this on my cell lmao.

how many gallons does it hold?