HybridZ

cranh pulley

I posted last week about tne missalignment of my timing marks when the number one piston was tdc. i got a response that said the outer rim may have slipped on the pulley hub or the crank key was not in place. today i removed the pulley and the key was there. i found a picture of a new oem 1974 260z pully and the timing mark is not in the same reference location as mine. the new one has the keyway at 1:00 and the timing groove at 2:00 balance holes at 4:00 to 7:00. my pulley has the keyway at 1:00 and the timing groove at 3:30 and the balance holes at 12:00 to 3:00. there is a rubber component in the pulley assembly about 1/8" wide and 1/2" inside the bottom of the V grooves. it looks as if the rim slipped, so do i need to just make a new timing groove on the od, or do i need to tac weld the rim to the hub or does the pulley need to be replaced????

Thanks for your imput

THE PULLEY WHICH IS THE HARMONIC DAMPER FOR THE MOTOR IS ALSO CALLED THE HARMONIC BALANCER.

Almost all the non preformance harmonic balancers have a rubber type joint that makes them a three part assembly.

YES the components can slip out of alignment and should be repaired or replaced.

There is a company in Redding Cal. " damperdoctor" that can do it.