HybridZ

Turbo ? For RB25DET !

Daz

Man ! I had a Holset Hx35 but got rid of it to clear up stuff in my garage. So these turbo(HX35 & GT30) are cool with the stock bottom end ? And no upgrading anything and could get me 350-400whp ?

Edited by Daz

Hx35 on a rb25 could get you 450+ with the right tuner. Tuning is the key with a reliable setup. Anybody can slap a turbo on and boost the hell out of it but we all know what's going to happen.

Edited by pat1

Hx35 on a rb25 could get you 450+ with the right tuner. Tuning is the key with a reliable setup. Anybody can slap a turbo on and boost the hell out of it but we all know what's going to happen.

I think my homeboy still has one, I'ma call him tomorrow to wish him a "Merry Christmas" and then ask for it ! HEHEHE !!! What size injectors will I need for that kinda HP ?

get a 3071r on a stock log manifold welded for external 38mm tial mvs. swain coat it after you get the vband welded on and throw some deatschwerk injectors in there (550cc). I prefer powerfc to tune- but that should be good for 350-375 usable whp with a GREAT powerband. Near instant boost.

get a 3071r on a stock log manifold welded for external 38mm tial mvs. swain coat it after you get the vband welded on and throw some deatschwerk injectors in there (550cc). I prefer powerfc to tune- but that should be good for 350-375 usable whp with a GREAT powerband. Near instant boost.

Could I put some Meth Injection on top and get 400whp+ ?

depends on the use. although I am not a big fan of meth on street cars it lets you be a little more aggressive with timing. I would prefer a mild cam with springs and retainers. but its all preference. Numbers arent everything on the street. I love the ability to get instant boost around town. Especially though the tunnels and bridges. ha!

not true at all... Series one still has individual coilpacks, they just have an external ignitor firing them vs. the series 2 which has ignitors built into the coilpack.

GT3076r is a great all around turbo for the rb25det if you want to spend big coin or like others said you can get a holset for cheap.

Edited by RS Speed

The main difference between a series 1 and 2 is ignition. On the series 1 there is a signal coil pack and on a series 2 they have individual coils.

Series 2 turbos are different as well. From what I've seen on the Aussie Skyline forums, the compressor wheel on the S2 turbos are polymer of some kind. Series 1 turbos are a steel compressor wheel.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/183562-std-r33-turbos/

I picked up a stock S1 RB25 turbo as a mild upgrade to my RB20 stock turbo. I was really hoping to receive an S2 turbo but got the steel wheeled compressor wheel

Series 2 turbos are different as well. From what I've seen on the Aussie Skyline forums, the compressor wheel on the S2 turbos are polymer of some kind. Series 1 turbos are a steel compressor wheel.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/183562-std-r33-turbos/

I picked up a stock S1 RB25 turbo as a mild upgrade to my RB20 stock turbo. I was really hoping to receive an S2 turbo but got the steel wheeled compressor wheel

How do you like your RB20 ? Does it take alot to get it to crank out 350+whp ? I've been contemplating cause its cheaper !

You might also consider taking a look at the new Borg Warner turbo line that just came out.

I have a series 2 RB25 and I had my heart set on the GT3076 or maybe even the GTX3076, but after seeing the new stuff from BW I'm seriously considering using them instead.

The 7670 is really calling my name!

:icon14:

http://www.full-race.com/articles/borgwarner-efr-turbos.html

How do you like your RB20 ? Does it take alot to get it to crank out 350+whp ? I've been contemplating cause its cheaper !

It is considerably cheaper to run with the 20, however mine is still on the stand. The head and flywheel are at the machine shop and I'll have them back next week. I can't wait to finish it and hear it at the 7600 rpm redline :)

350 at the wheels takes some work with an RB20 ... upgraded turbo, injectors, good fuel pump, regulator and engine management like Nistune or Power FC. I think many also run the Z32 MAF with engine management. In the link below you'll see some of the higher power dynos use cam gears, some have cams, some got pistons. Seems there are different ways to go. 300 seems to be a much easier number to hit

This is the RB20det dyno thread. The easy conversion for kilowatts to horses is to multiply kw * 1.34. Keep in mind some of them have auto transmissions and might be running cats.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/103095-rb20-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/