HybridZ

watanabe 16x9.5 -19 or ccw 16x10.5 -32

i am debating if i should go with the ccw classic or the rs watanabe wheels. the car is setting on ground control coil-over with kyb 5 way adjustable strut, the 1st question is, if i go with the wats, will the 16x9.5 -19 fit the front? if yes,i would be running all 4 in the same negative offset, by the way i will be using bamf fender flares. 2nd question, will 16x10.5 clear my suspension setup? i seen a blue 260z online on stancenation.com and he is running the ccw classic 16x10.5 -32 all around and it seem to flush fine with the zg fares but doesn't no his suspension setup. pix below is the car im talking about.

mig14.jpg

5134051137_dddab5ddec_o.jpg

Good luck finding any decent size tires for a 16" the largest they make is 265/50/16 street tire and thats only one brand of tire. I wouldn't run that much of a stretch either especially on CCW's just to ruin them with inevitable curb rash. I'm going with 245/50/16 (widest common street tire avaliable) and I'm going to run them on 16x9.5 Diamond racing all the way around and its going to have a slight stretch but that will be fine since I will be running flares. The 16x9.5 should clear your suspension fine, It should clear the stock so I think your fine if your running coilovers, the 10.5's may not fit, It would most likely have problems with the TC rod and the frame rail towards the front of the car. Also if your going to run the Bamf Fender flares you will need a pretty wide tire to fill them, IIRC the tire had to be 300+ in section width or atleast thats what Zforce recommended. Reading the Rota Group buy thread helped me get a pretty good idea what will fit a Z it has some good info on what works and doesn't.

Edited by 19762802+2

Miguel is running a set of DC2 Integra coilovers, but he's also running 205/45-16 tires to be flush, you would need way more offset to not need as much stretch as that, unless you want that, which is cool too.

personally, I'd go for the 16x9j -13ET Wats up front and the 16x9.5j -19ET

but the bamf flares are way overkill, just get regular flares and be done with it.

I was thinking that if Miguel could run 16x10.5 -32 offset upfront then ill mind just go with 16x9.5 -19 wats upfront. The reason why I want 16x9.5 up front is that I am more into the stance look, with wide wheels n polished lip look..so my best bet now is to run 16x9.5 -19 offset all around.

I was thinking that if Miguel could run 16x10.5 -32 offset upfront then ill mind just go with 16x9.5 -19 wats upfront. The reason why I want 16x9.5 up front is that I am more into the stance look, with wide wheels n polished lip look..so my best bet now is to run 16x9.5 -19 offset all around.

That should be fine the only problem they had with the 17x9.5's in the front in the Rota group buy thread is that they slightly rubbed the TC rod and the frame rail at full lock I believe. You will probably have to make a cut in the front valence or air dam for turning clearance with a 16" wheel and a slightly stretched tire you shouldn't have an issue and going with the 9.5 width you should be able to do fine with tires. There is a member here running 225's on 15x10's and the stretch isn't terrible but its at the limit of what I would want. 245's on 9.5 will have a light stretch which should help them fit under flares better without rubbing. Good luck and post some pics when you do it, I am interested on how it will look with 9.5 all the way around and how the fitment is. Just remember this is a Performance based forum and you will probably get flamed for wanting to go for an aesthetic appeal with the Stance look. Try to work on your grammar and spelling as well it makes life easier for everyone trying to read your posts. B) Merry christmas as well.

• 2 months later...

I order 2 16x9.5 -19 Watanabe wheels and is expecting arrival anytime. While waiting for the wheels to arrive, I want to install my toyota 4x4 front brakes onto my 260z. I read and search and only saw modern-motorsports who makes a spacer for the upgrade. With his bad communication, I don't think I would want to go through the hassle with him. So my question is beside the mm spacer, who else sell them? plus what modification will I need to install the wheels onto the front?

Miguel's car running some extensive custom suspension. It is very difficult to find some nice decent tires on 15 and 16 inch wheels. I have fuzion zri's on my wats 245/45/16. I like to keep it classic with the wats. Don't get me wrong, I love Ccw's but I'm just more of a Watanabe type.

This is my set up. Sorry for the iPhone cam. This is my most recent pic

fc5b612d.jpg

I order 2 16x9.5 -19 Watanabe wheels and is expecting arrival anytime. While waiting for the wheels to arrive, I want to install my toyota 4x4 front brakes onto my 260z. I read and search and only saw modern-motorsports who makes a spacer for the upgrade. With his bad communication, I don't think I would want to go through the hassle with him. So my question is beside the mm spacer, who else sell them? plus what modification will I need to install the wheels onto the front?

I too was in need of the spacer and I also had a problem with communication with MM. I found in the brake thread of Silvermine Motors. They are actually $10 cheaper and they shipped the spacers within a few days of the order. UPS says I will get them by the end of the week.

I too was in need of the spacer and I also had a problem with communication with MM. I found in the brake thread of Silvermine Motors. They are actually $10 cheaper and they shipped the spacers within a few days of the order. UPS says I will get them by the end of the week.

Yes, that's probably the best option for me to go with. When you received those, can you post up picture on how they look like, for reference.