HybridZ

Offset Help

EatZrib

So then something around 8.5" with around +35mm offset should fir just fine?

Well by refering to the chart I posted earlier and knowing that the backspacing for a S30 with stock suspension needs to be 4.5" a 8.5 with +35 offset will not work. Most positive offset wheels are made for FWD cars, while our RWD cars are set up for more negative offset when you get wider wheels. Almost any wheel you find that would be a positive offset will not work at all or may be able to work with spacers if you want to use those, but those can be unsafe, so its up to you on using them.

Well by refering to the chart I posted earlier and knowing that the backspacing for a S30 with stock suspension needs to be 4.5" a 8.5 with +35 offset will not work. Most positive offset wheels are made for FWD cars, while our RWD cars are set up for more negative offset when you get wider wheels. Almost any wheel you find that would be a positive offset will not work at all or may be able to work with spacers if you want to use those, but those can be unsafe, so its up to you on using them.

Sorry, obvious mistake! I got my +/- mixed up when looking at that chart.

^I have 8JJ with effectively -37ET up front, I run 205 tires and rub (when I turn, but I'm also tucking a good amount of tire at my ride height) even with rolled and (slightly) pulled fenders, -35ET on 8.5JJ would be slightly worse. on the rear it should be fine though, haven't tested it to see how it fits though.

Edited by PurePontiacKid

The pic shows the wheel more tucked than they were on the ground. I had about an inch of clearance between the fender and tire. No 500hp here, so I think it'll be fine. The main thing I had to worry about with a 10.5 in wheel was getting real close to the control arm. Probably had a .25" clearance.

Yea, the insides not too bad. Been too long, but I can't remember how close they were to my Tokicos. Mind you I never drove it like that though, because I had just got the coilovers in. Wish I took some pics. But yea, 10.5 might be too wide for stock. 9 would be a good size. Maybe someone else has done it on stock suspension.

It will rub at the front of the rear fender before it rubs at the top. Get a fender roller and roll it - right Yasin? ;)

That is correct K!!! Mine rubbed ****really**** badly at the front of the rear fender before the top...I ruined a perfectly good set of brand new Yokohamas (swiss cheese!).

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 9 months later...