HybridZ

Need info on this cowl hood...zwolf or primadonna Z?

zeeboost

This is eric bernstein's former IMSA 240z and I love the way the cowl hood flows with the car:

DSCN4051.JPG

zwolf5.jpg

zwolf3.jpg

zwolf2.jpg

zwolf1.jpg

I'd like to use this same cowl hood on my widebody project, so I was wondering if anyone had any info on the dimensions of it. I don't know if this is a universal one or a modded MSA cowl hood:

large501446.gif

This is eric bernstein's former IMSA 240z and I love the way the cowl hood flows with the car:

I'd like to use this same cowl hood on my widebody project, so I was wondering if anyone had any info on the dimensions of it. I don't know if this is a universal one or a modded MSA cowl hood:

This FG hood has a slightly lower cowl and I guess could be called the "universal one" as opposed to the separate cowl section you would need to graft on.

post-311-012539000 1293715063_thumb.jpg

I have the same exact hood that is pictured on Eric Bernstein's IMSA 240Z. I got it as a package deal, with my car about 5 years ago and didn't know the origin of it, but suspected it is a Jim Cook hood. I've had it stored away ever since I got it. I don't know the composition of materials, but it is very rigid and easily lifted with only one finger. It is in primer and has never been painted. If you want pics and dimensions, I can make the short trip to do so.

Edited by geezer

geezer and gnosez - From what I can tell those do look like the same cowl hood, though I would need to see more pictures. Geezer, II appreciate the offer to check out the dimensions, but I'd hold off a little while longer to see if anyone else has more info on this cowl hood. Gnosez, do you have any other info on that Z?

johnc - I did check your website, but the ones you offer are a bit larger than what I'm looking for...I'd prefer something a bit more subtle, exactly like the one I have pictured. Also you offer the full hood and I'm currently using a 1-piece bonnet, so if I can find the dimensions of just the cowl itself, it'd be a better choice to mold in.

Edited by zeeboost

• 2 weeks later...

Okay geezer, if you don't mind I would really appreciate the measurements of the scoop...that is if I can find a universal one that's very similar. By universal, I'm talking about just the cowl scoop with no hood that can be bonded on any hood (just to make sure we're on the same page). Actually it looks like yours may not sit up as high as the one as bernstein's old Z, but maybe your picture is just at an odd angle or something.

My body shop is waiting on me to provide them with the scoop, so the sooner I can get this info, the better. Appreciate it fellas.

Edited by zeeboost

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Every number I tried calling for Legendary Cars Inc was disconnected. nullbound - Would you be able to take measurements of the actual cowl portion of the hood, then that way I can search through summit, jegs, etc for a universal one to be bonded? I'm guessing all I need is length, width, and height. I would really appreciate it.

Every number I tried calling for Legendary Cars Inc was disconnected. nullbound - Would you be able to take measurements of the actual cowl portion of the hood, then that way I can search through summit, jegs, etc for a universal one to be bonded? I'm guessing all I need is length, width, and height. I would really appreciate it.

It looks like Legendary Cars changed names to Fiber Concepts.

Reference: http://www.nicholsservices.com/vega/my-vega3.htm

I googled them and found they have a website (and different address and contact details than the vega link above) which lists the Datsun hoods:

http://www.fiberpartsconcepts.com/1289556.html

I can still take measurements if you want, but the pic on that page looks right to me.

Ryan

• 1 month later...

Nullbound you are THE MAN!!!

Just came in the other day! Ordered this from Rob, the owner at Fiber Concepts. Super super cool guy, helped me out with this by just sending me the skin of the hood for a fraction of the price. The piece looks great, not wavy or anything. I wouldn't hesitate to order from him again.

post-181-098525900 1322373004_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think I found the hood you were looking for on a web site. Im actually wondering if anyone has ordered from this web site as well. I love the look of the hood and he also makes alot of other custom z car parts. http://www.zforceproductions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=54&Itemid=72. That is the url to the hood and web site. Any info would be great on ordering from this guy

I think I found the hood you were looking for on a web site. Im actually wondering if anyone has ordered from this web site as well. I love the look of the hood and he also makes alot of other custom z car parts. http://www.zforcepro...d=54&Itemid=72. That is the url to the hood and web site. Any info would be great on ordering from this guy

Please search here for the info you need to know about zforce. It's plentiful here, and Google. :2thumbs: