HybridZ

S85 into a 83 s130 2+2

EatZrib

Wondering if this will work people. I'm looking into doing an engine swap soon. Thinking about the s85 engine that's in the E60 BMW m5. That's a v-10 engine!! I've seen a thread here somewhere that some threw in a viper crate motor v-10 in a z. Will it work?

Wondering if this will work people. I'm looking into doing an engine swap soon. Thinking about the s85 engine that's in the E60 BMW m5. That's a v-10 engine!! I've seen a thread here somewhere that some threw in a viper crate motor v-10 in a z. Will it work?

I've seen a Viper V-10 in a S30 not a S130, won't be cheap that's all I can say but it can be done.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/36272-viper-v10-engine-in-a-z/

Edited by 280zx@541

• 4 weeks later...

i had a m60b40 in my s130 it will fit you just need to do sometng with the front sway bar and with the manifolds.

In regard to the whole project i agree with aarang.. with enough time and money.....

BTW they fit in an e30 too

0.jpg

However you live in CA ? You need all the smog stuff.. and the exhaust manifolds are part of teh system .. that is your bottleneck in the project

Edited by frank280zx