HybridZ

'73 240z restoration

Today I got a '73 240z and looking for a full restoration over a long period of time. Body the usual rust so first thing will be to strip down the car to the bone and fix it. It hasn't been run for over 12 years so the engine might not even run. Just found out today that the rear drums might be seized. The would not roll downhill with the brake lever down and even when being pulled the rear tires would not turn. Anyway just want to introduce myself. Hope to get lots of good advice from this board.

• 4 months later...

Welcome to the site. I am sure there are a few good shops in the bay area. I met a guy that has a shop down there. I cant remember his name or the name of his shop, but he has a Z shop. I have seen his work and it is top notch. He drives a 240Z that is silver with an RB motor and three piece Pannasports. Very nice car.

I do know that a lot of people from the Bay Area are bringing their Z to Chico to have Steve Pettersen of Pettersen MotorWorks repair and or do complete restorations. He can be reached a 530-895-3606