HybridZ

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/pts/2358696458.html Seems to indicate they come in 4x114.3 +25. For the street that could be made to work I guess... Pretty damn cheap indeed.

Dave

+25 on a 9.75 inch rim will not fit on stock suspension on a Z. Thats 6+ inches of backspacing, With coilovers and maybe spacers it might be possible but no way on stock suspension as it requires 4.5 inches of backspacing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

call me crazy but isn't a 205 tire a little narrow for a 8.25 rim? Most cars are running like a 225 with a 7 inch rim, so I would think you would run at least a 245 with a 8.25. That said your tires do not look too stretched to me and your car looks awesome with those rims. So just curious why you went with 205's?

call me crazy but isn't a 205 tire a little narrow for a 8.25 rim? Most cars are running like a 225 with a 7 inch rim, so I would think you would run at least a 245 with a 8.25. That said your tires do not look too stretched to me and your car looks awesome with those rims. So just curious why you went with 205's?

Thanks Wheeler, I don't know how a larger tire would fit without rubbing, on these wheels? I had to roll the lip because it almost cut the tire. Maybe with the lip rolled I could fit a little wider but it would probably continously graze the fender. I'm not too worried about the 205's. I'm running the l24 with a 4 speed, I'm barely hitting the speed limit. Once I get more power I'll throw on some wider wheels with flares. Yea I didn't think the stretch was very aggresive either, so it seems to work for now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am trying to like these wheels due to their fitment, but the more I look at the new XXR 527's the more they remind me of fish scales (silver ones in particular). I can see myself tiring of this wheel after a few months on my car, the spokes are too thin and they have no lip, this is just my opinion as everyone has their own taste.

I am trying to like these wheels due to their fitment, but the more I look at the new XXR 527's the more they remind me of fish scales (silver ones in particular). I can see myself tiring of this wheel after a few months on my car, the spokes are too thin and they have no lip, this is just my opinion as everyone has their own taste.

I wasn't sure about the wheel either, but once I mounted them, the car looked pretty tuff.

Granted, a dropped Z probably looks tuff with any wheel. Oh and yea, I agree I don't know what the silver version will look like on our cars. I opted for black in the event the wheel was not flattering for our body style, it would at least hide the wheel a bit.

So far I'm loving them, not to mention the stance and wheel combo breaks necks every time I drive it, even the old guys. lol

Edited by dailydrifter

Hey Im really good friends with the marketing directer at XXR would you mind if I send him these pics to put them on the site?

Let me know!

If you're refering to my pix, not at all. I've got a new exhaust if they need additional rear pix. ;)

Shoot me a note at Alex@DailyDrifter.com if you need any additional info.

Pictures finally. Call them repulsive or whatever ya want, but when these babies have coilovers for neighbors, i think the car will look pretty damn good..

post-10900-001501700 1311124049_thumb.jpg

post-10900-009335300 1311124056_thumb.jpg

post-10900-016201900 1311124073_thumb.jpg

Hey Z hunter, look'n good!

Do you plan to drop it? If you do, throw one of the 9.75" on the front just to see what it looks like.

Pictures finally. Call them repulsive or whatever ya want, but when these babies have coilovers for neighbors, i think the car will look pretty damn good..

post-10900-001501700 1311124049_thumb.jpg

post-10900-009335300 1311124056_thumb.jpg

post-10900-016201900 1311124073_thumb.jpg

I think it looks fantastic! I'm taking a similar route with mine, waiting on coilovers...........

dailydrifter

I'm looking at getting the same wheels you purchased but really need to run a wider tire. could you take a picture from under the car of the clearance between the tire and the strut tower in the rear. if you have coilovers, could you raise the car a bit to run wider tires and prevent the rubbing of the fender?

thanks

jesse

Thanks for the complements.

Dailydrifter,

I have been thinking of doing the same thing actually, but it might be a while since money doesn't come easy when you're 17. <_< hahaha

Edited by Zhunter

Zhunter,

What size tires are you running? I'm actually really interested in these. I have a 240SX rear subframe and need some +25 or +30 rims with super wide fenders for my rear end to sit flush. But, I have standard Z front subframe so I would need to stick with a standard fitment to look sleek.

How far past the fender does the rim/tire stick out? What kind of flares are you running? (standard MSA flares or the oversized flares that you can purchase from ZforceProductions?

New-to-240z,

In the rear, I have 245/45/17. In the front, I have 215/45/17. On the stock fenders, the rear tires stuck out a good 1.5 to 2 inches. Fronts fit flush. Flares are just your average size from MSA.

Note: A minimum of 1.25" spacers are required for the rear wheels to fit.