HybridZ

Joe. Thanks. The wheels are not bad on price either. 425 or so shipped in Cali. I got them from somewhere on eBay. NLmotoring offers them for a bit more but they offer matte bronze and silver. I haven't played with a ZX so not familiar with the required offset. The center caps are not deep so they don't cover the front hub though. Not a problem with a black hub and rims.

Tires are 245-50-16 and are from les schab. They are like a generic falken i think. Zeik 427 IIRC. Les schab is a west coast tire chain.

I haven't driven on them enough or had enough tire experience to properly critique them. Right now they are round and let the z go. î–

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Vega. I am running that tire size on my 280 2+2. They rub/cut a bit on the front drivers tire. I rolled the fender slightly and seems to be good. The backs fit fine and I also pulled the top of my strut towers out 5/8" each to get rid of camber from lowering. My only issue is a slight rubbing of the inside fender well to outside of tire in hard cornering or g-out type bumps. Slight rub with no cutting. Keep in mind my 2+2 is 2" wider in the back fenders so it all fits well. The 245's take more effort to turn as they are 10" wide but... My arms are getting bigger. î–

Ok so I just did a test fit and they are really close to the strut tube... Might end up needing to run spacers unfortunately because I couldn't hardly squeeze a pinky of space between the wheel and tube. Anyone have any input? I'll keep you posted as it comes along.

I didn't think the backspacing requirements were that much different from z to zx and some of you guys are even running a bigger tire too. I'm kinda confused because I thought they should have been ok. How big of a spaced can I get without running longer wheel studs, or is that a must?

Edited by CaptainJoe87

Captain Joe, mine were really close too. Less than pinky. Tap the spring perch with a hammer and flatten it up tight against the spring. That will give you a bit more room. There is prenty of room in the rear where it is not a issue. And I have no issues with the front. I dong know if running spacers with those rims are a good idea in the front. They are quite wide and you might start having fender clearance issues turning into driveways or hitting bumps unless you have fender flares.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered a set (being shipped on the 16th). Gold 16x8.25 zero offset. 245/50r16 tires, section with of 10", 8.5" tread width, 25.7 overall diameter. I have factory suspension I am hoping it doesn't hit, if I have to cut fenders that is no issue. I just don't want to use spacers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone else have pics or experience with fitment (particularly 16x8.25) with this wheel? Trying to decide between this and the SportMax from MSA. I'd like to use 225/50-16 but there are conflict reports on whether or not this will fit (75 with springs/sturt pkg.).

Anyone else have pics or experience with fitment (particularly 16x8.25) with this wheel? Trying to decide between this and the SportMax from MSA. I'd like to use 225/50-16 but there are conflict reports on whether or not this will fit (75 with springs/sturt pkg.).

I have 16x8.25, but with 205/50-16s, lowered on springs.

IMG_0684.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

More pics @ http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/107484-afternoon-cruise/

Edited by ryan95i4