HybridZ

Best "Junkyard" Coil Pack For EDIS? Also, EDIS Label Colors?

Hardwyre

Hello Hybrid!

Just about to start jumping into installing my MS2 v3.0 set up. I've currently got setting on my desk a gray-labelled EDIS-6 module, and a F5SU-12029-AA (4253) coil pack Ford Mondeo.

I have few questions.

I've seen people also using various other coils packs (such as the Caravan packs), and it sounds like the dwell on the Ford packs is pretty low. What is the best multi-coil pack to use?

Is there a more recent coil pack that would be better, say from a newer vehicle that is commonly found in the scrap yards, that could probably be adapted to the EDIS module?

Also, is there any concerning differences between the colors of the EDIS labels? I know not to get the "hybrid" module with the vacuum tube, but I can't seem to find any differences between the grey, orange, blue, etc colored labels. Does anyone have any input on what the variations are?

And on an unrelated note, I'm very pleased with myself, so I'm sharing a picture of the throttle body spacer I made from high temperature polyester resin for my 55mm Altima TB ($24 pick-n-pull). It's probably unnecessary since I'll eventually be switching to the cable throttle I got from the same car, but that's going to be.. eh, maybe I'll do it tomorrow and the spacer was just made for shiggles. :D

TBspacer.jpg

My computer geek side is screaming "Mod it! Put blue LEDs in it!"