HybridZ

Another LS1 Swap (Idle Vid)

I started this project over 2 years ago which was originally just going to be a simple LS swap. Ironically I ended up doing all new Autometer gauges, an 8-pt roll cage, race buckets, complete fuel system with a 10 gallon cell, Paint/Body job, Rota wheels, etc etc etc. Anyways this motor sat for 5 years and I finally got to hear her crank. Pic & Start-up vid below. I plan on having her completely done and ready for the dragstrip by March! (Trans is a built TH-350).

DatsunZ.jpg

Nice Z. I'm about to start a similar project myself on a 78Z. I had my Z for 23 years and it means more to me than what it is worth. When I restored it the LS engine did not exist and I did not want a cast iron 350 in my Z so I chose to rebuild the factory motor instead. Now I want to see if I can make my 280Z run with my Z06 Corvette. I live in Cypress, Texas and was wondering if I could stop by and take a look at your Z when is convenient for you of course. Just curious about how everything fits and get some suggestions from someone that has done the swap already. maybe some do's and dont's.

Nice Z. I'm about to start a similar project myself on a 78Z. I had my Z for 23 years and it means more to me than what it is worth. When I restored it the LS engine did not exist and I did not want a cast iron 350 in my Z so I chose to rebuild the factory motor instead. Now I want to see if I can make my 280Z run with my Z06 Corvette. I live in Cypress, Texas and was wondering if I could stop by and take a look at your Z when is convenient for you of course. Just curious about how everything fits and get some suggestions from someone that has done the swap already. maybe some do's and dont's.

Thank you. Yes there should'nt be a problem with getting your Z to run with your Z06. Easier if it's a C5, a little bit harder if it's a C6Z06 :). You're more than welcome to stop by my place and check things out, my car is still somewhat bare so all of the work is exposed for you to see. We are also working on a 87 RX7 LS1/T56 swap as well that you can check out. I will be there all day this Saturday and possibly Sunday if you'd like to come by and check things out. I will PM you my info.

Edited by Meaty69Maro

Thank you. Yes there should'nt be a problem with getting your Z to run with your Z06. Easier if it's a C5, a little bit harder if it's a C6Z06 :). You're more than welcome to stop by my place and check things out, my car is still somewhat bare so all of the work is exposed for you to see. We are also working on a 87 RX7 LS1/T56 swap as well that you can check out. I will be there all day this Saturday and possibly Sunday if you'd like to come by and check things out. I will PM you my info.

Thanks Kevin,

I got your PM with your information I will call you tomorrow and get directions on how to get to your place. My Corvette is a C6Z06 (I have attached a couple of pics)and it is not stock. It runs really strong, awesome car to drive on the street. I have a feeling my 280Z will have a hard time running with my vette unless I just go all out with the LS2 I intend to put in it which is something I dont really want to do. I want to make sure it is fun to drive and not make a bunch of noise.

Anyways if I relly want to go fast I can just drop more money in the Z06 right? :)

post-14557-052864000 1295019298_thumb.jpg

post-14557-080928800 1295020082_thumb.jpg

post-14557-005826600 1295020192_thumb.jpg