HybridZ

My 76 280z 1jz build thread

pat1

• 2 months later...

What did you do about fuses? Did you use the Datsun fuse box? If not, what? Did you add any fuses anywhere?

I'm also curios about the wiring for the alternator.

Your thread has helped me out a tone with my swap. Thanks a ton.

Edited by Hester_prynne

I used the painless fuse box. You can get the at summit racing for pretty cheap.

on the square white connector you need to find these wires below

10. Yellow - Green Charge warning light alternator *******************************************alternator charge light to gauge

11. White AM1, ALT + *********************************************************************** Battery + that supplys the field

12. Black - Yellow to Alternator from engine / gauge fuse ***********************************battery + to battery

Edited by pat1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I finally made time to get this car to my tuner today and get this thing tuned. I'm running Stinger 4424 EMS. The tuner was able to get 446HP @17psi spinning the tires on the dyno. Even with my brother and I setting on the rear of the car the tire were lighting up.   I'm very pleased to say the least. That's around 516hp at the flywheel. It's on a very conservative tune.

post-3499-0-62146900-1356824080_thumb.jpg

post-3499-0-38754200-1356824105_thumb.jpg

Edited by pat1

• 1 month later...