HybridZ

Interesting dilema

Well I have an interesting dilema that I would like to hear your inputs on.

I have not been able to get my LT1 to run (injectors are not firing), I have trouble shot it down to either the PCM or the EProm chip.

Now My wife wants me to get the car out of the garage and get it running. I put the engine on CL in the barter section. I was asking if any one wanted to trade my LT1 for a Carb'd 350.

I had a guy call me saying he just pulled a 350 bored to a 383 stroker. He wants the LT1 for his 36 chevy. The 383 came out of a 94 chevy truck, the engine was rebuilt with forged internals back in 2007 and pretty much just sat there for the past 4 years (lost title to truck and they burnt the tranny (th400). He also said he has all sorts of intakes and carbs to pick from.

So if I do decide to swap the guy what intake should I look for and what carb? I was thinking a 600 quad but not sure if that will be to much.

Thanks

On some systems, if you don't have a check engine light lite up with key on,

You WILL NOT be able to communicate with the ECM.

Something as simple as a blown check engine light bulb can prevent scanner

communication with the ecm.

What about a FACTORY service manual diagnostics flow chart???

Edited by jasper

Found out the ECU is bad, going to try to find one locally, if not send mine in to get replaced/repaired with the eprom reflashed.

If I can't get it running correctly by feb 1st then on to the 383 swap.

With a good ECU, wiring harness, Optispark, fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator and plug wires everything should be a GO. MSD makes a VERY GOOD replacement for the Opti-Spark much better than the originals. 1994, 1995 were OBDI wheras 1996 was OBDII and much more complicated.