HybridZ

74 260z rb25det

GTZ

Must not have explained it correctly, I am only using the mount that the ears attached too, I will build new ears off of this. Check out the following pictures to explain it better.

And this is the start of my crossmember

ok i see what you mean. well you have almost all of it done. cool looks good. should be easy to now.

I was wondering what are people's views between running a pull or a push fan when running a intercooler.

pull fans are more effecient, thats what i am installing on my swap, using 11' spal HD puller. i think rb26powered74zcar uses the same one. i am setting up for AC as well so i am hoping that will be enough for the condenser too, but i might have to put a pusher on that. i have a 4" thick intercooler.

pull fans are more effecient, thats what i am installing on my swap, using 11' spal HD puller. i think rb26powered74zcar uses the same one. i am setting up for AC as well so i am hoping that will be enough for the condenser too, but i might have to put a pusher on that. i have a 4" thick intercooler.

Thanks for the info ZT-R. I will try it both ways and see which works best. I want to do a pusher setup as that will hide the fan between the IC and rad for a cleaner look.

a little up date.

I am finally getting my ecm back from AEM after accidentally frying it. Really sad as I had to cough up $600 to get it repaired. AEM put all brand new internals on it so I guess its like new now.

AEM ECM 30-1400 which is actually pnp for a 86-93 fox body mustang. It was actually not that hard to make it work for the rb25det. I only have the engine components hooked to the ecm and nothing else. fuel pump and engine fan are all standalone setups.

ecm connection break down

3.5 bar MAP

TPS

AEM water temp sensor

AEM AIT sensor

precision 1000cc injectors

RB25 cas with aem wheel

3 coil output (wasted spark)

2 knock sensors

aem wideband (hooked to ecm only for data logging)

car is a little rich at idle (12.9-13.4 afr) but I don't mind it as I am not running the air regulator valve. Its normal for cars to run a little rich at idle with big injectors and MAP based tune (words of my tuner). ECM is pretty easy to tune and I can't believe how smooth the engine runs with it. Next I will get some dyno time and see what i can get out of it.

I will have JE 86.5 pistons rb26dett pistons and rb26dett N1 crankshaft in the bottom end by the end of this year. Collecting pieces at this point have the N1 crankshaft on order from nismoparts.com so far.

Its ALIVE its really ALIVE i can't believe that I got it ALIVE. I am excited aem ecm arrived today. got all the wires squared away and its awesome. it runs smooth. need to set base timing. damn this things is great

• 1 year later...

I got tired of looking at that bulky booster and decided to rip it all out and the pedal assembly was also removed. I went with Wilwood dual master cylinder and dual pedal assembly. I haven't seen it done on a Z yet but it was fairly painless besides converting the metric to standard brake lines. Its fun playing around with the brake bias and I set it semi mild. I made my own on the fly brake bias set up using the stock Z speed cable cut to length and machined shift knob for the adjusting knob. I'll update on the feel and feedback as soon as i get it on the road.