HybridZ

How relevant is the JTR V8 book for Gen III/IV swaps?

Good to know.

I have already read the How to Rebuild GM LS-Series Engines book. Next up (along with the JTR manual) is Vizard's How to Build Max Performance Chevy Small-Blocks on a Budget and How to Build Horsepower. I already read the first edition of the "Performance Small Blocks on a Budget" so it will be interesting to see how the second edition holds up.

Although I got blasted last time I linked an article from Hot Rod, they did a pretty cool comparison of about ten different LS* cylinder heads (Here). Hopefully it will come in handy if/when I start looking at cylinder heads.

Edited by kce

Umm, why?

Because for someone who is just starting out, having a book that deals with fuel injection on a V8 in a Z application might be useful. I didn't say it's the only reference you should read. You should just add it to your list. Plus, it tells you how to modify the T56 to run the speedo.

Could you possibly post the V8 calibration process for the tach when you get the manual. I and many others would appreciate it. Thanks!

I imagine that the SBC swap into an S30 is such a niche market that I'm willing to bet that the owner of JTR barely breaks even on the manuals. And I'm sure a lot of time, effort and money went into producing that information. If we don't pay something for it, that information wouldn't be available (or certainly not as widely available).

Also, in the grand scheme of things the cost of the manual is so small compared to the doing the rest of swap... and the return in terms of not screwing up, buying the wrong parts, wasted time, etc. is probably worth a hundred times more than the price...

Just my thoughts... plus I'm too lazy to re-type those pages here. :D

Edited by kce

If I wanted to buy the manual z2go I wouldn't have asked for a simple explanation. Even though 20 bucks doesn't sound like much to you, it is to me. I didn't want to waste money on that manual when all I need to know is how to calibrate the tach. I didn't realize that would be breaking any laws so I do sincerely apologize for asking.