HybridZ

What bellow between 240SX TB and MAF?

ezzzzzzz

The '75 280Z I acquired had been fitted with a 240SX TB by the PO. The MAF is still located in it's stock location. The bellow between the two (possibly the original piece) is contorted into a horrible crushed angle. It is also cracking from the stress and old age (probably leaking unmetered air). Even new, it would have looked halfass. I walked the local PNP examining ever vehicle trying to find a suitable replacement to no avail. What are those using the 240SX TB doing here? Searching hasn't given me any leads. There has to be a better way even if it means shifting the MAF.

Just to antagonize you a bit, im going to be the first to say get rid of the afm and get a computer! HAHA, Seriously though, look into the same piece for the v6 Mazda 6 (2004ish). You can probably pick one up at the local auto parts for about 60 dollars, and at a glance looks like it can put your afm and a filter out infront of the radiator support.

Yeah, I hear ya. When the SDS controlled SC'd petrol LD28 is completed (along with the '71 Land Rover LS1 powered trialer, restoration of the '90 Range Rover, restoration\turbo diesel conversion of the '93 Range Rover, restoration of the '84 110 Defender, 5 lug conversion of my '71 240Z, etc, ad nauseam) I'll look into making serious changes to the '75 280Z. In the meantime, I will look at the Mazda V6 duct. Thanks.

Edited by ezzzzzzz

• 1 month later...

my AFM on my 78 280z just buggered out to be unable to pass smog, I borrowed one to get it pass this time but in need of a replacement for next year. Just wondering are there any direct swap ins available aside from the factory? like from a newer 240sx or such?

And yes I would love to get rid of the afm altogether... so computer as in megasquirt? thnx!

j i have several afm's if you would like to try one being we are close enough. my closest is from a 79 but it should be the same. the 240sx uses a different airflow system to calculate ratios, so one of the more popular aftermarket systems would be the next logical choice. as far as that boot, a piece from a turbo 280zx afm lower boot section cut shorter actually fits quite nicely.