HybridZ

What the Heck is this????

Hondakid

Do you have access to the car? or is the pic off the internet?

The engine mounts look to be stock so if you have access I would advise searching for a plate or ID code somewhere in the engine bay with an engine code on it.

The fan is plastic, before 1970ish that would probably have been stamped sheet metal, so I would put that as the earliest likely age.

Witht he pipes wriggling around the carburettor I would suspect it is a thermostaticially water temp based Auto-choked carb, those mainly went out of fashion for more flexible electronicly adjustable steeper motor auto chokes by the 90's as a means of cleaning up carbs somewht without actually going fully EFI.

I would say it is a 70's or 80's engine.

My guess, datsun/toyota.

Honda was mostly FWD.

But, you do get points for posting your location. :D

ooking at the location now you point it out... I would be suspicious that it's euro... Antigua and Barbados have plenty of English, French and Spanish/Portuguese history, more so than Japanese... Could be a volvo, maybe Renault or Peugeot, possibly Fiat or even a Vauxhaul.

OP, Can we get an exterior shot of the actual CAR itself? That way there's the possibility of tracking down what COUNTRY it originates from.

well guys im a be honest with you, i know for a fact it aint a Toyota 2-TC or even 3-TC because we have both engine types in the backyard lol. so im gonna say that Blue72 with the Dodge Colt Engine seems correct! and the Engine is not in the original chassis (no its not boosted)

It's a colt engine.

It'll have it's engine code stamped on the block/head somewhere. I'm a mitsubishi guy but I can't tell exactly WHAT engine it is since all the 4G3x engines look very similar. I'd put money on it being the 1.6 though.

193693099_3ca4772ceb.jpg

Edited by Octane

It's a colt engine.

It'll have it's engine code stamped on the block/head somewhere. I'm a mitsubishi guy but I can't tell exactly WHAT engine it is since all the 4G3x engines look very similar. I'd put money on it being the 1.6 though.

193693099_3ca4772ceb.jpg

I agree, thing is i looked on my headand all i saw was a Z inscription lol ill post more pics of it.