HybridZ

wangan midnight

Guest m35514h

Guest m35514h

wangan midnight pops up every once and again, and i was wondering where i could get this video. I hear about it quite often on the site and just figured i might as well figure out what the deal is.

Guest JAMIE T

AHHH Wangan Midnight... One of my favorite subjects. I got my Video's from Owen. They are bootleg copies. I watch them all the time. The script is in Japanese, but I like to make up my own words, LOL. It makes for an amusingtime. The Z is completely bitchen, it is my idol.

Guest JAMIE T

Maybe Owen will see this and speak up. I know my tapes(not animation) are used alot, and wouldn't make very good dubs from them. They were alittle grainy to begin with anyway. I've been trying to find DVD's of them, but have come up short.

wangan midnite is my biggest inspiration for doing the turbo z project,and its also a late 260 or early 280 with fiberglass bumpers.

"aghh, tween turbo ah!" i think maybe the biggest for anyone doing the conversation, it made me a believer, i want to make mine a variant of the wangan midnite car, as if we were a team or something-BUT ILL BE FASTER.

the only other car i think that has a better show is the ae86 corolla with that initial d cartoon where he drift battles the civic with his hands taped to the wheel as to disable his drift method.

aghh, another jspec type guy here, good...

dont you love it when he discovers the clutch dump technique of initiating his "d"???

i did. you know there was a transformer, or two or three versions of the 280zx, the cop car was the one that made it to the cartoon, but there is a silver one and blue one also "blue streak" is the best one, but became "prowler" for the cartoon i think, but its cool because when he turns into a car he runs boost-can you name the other transformer to have forced induction????

I'll email everybody here, except Tim240Z :D

Tim you get a Haltech E6K system if you buy the tapes, price: $1000

I also have a DVD of a tribute to the Z, again, in Japanese. Also has some clips of the Z33 race car making test runs at the track. Haven't tried to copy this yet, so who knows.

Prices of the vids are here.

http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000497;p=2

Owen

Man, i wish i had a DVD recorder but they cost too much. All i have is a VCD recorder and each cd only holds 79 minutes. And not a lot of DVD players can play VCD's only the cheap Apex players like the one i bought for $50 does it.

Guest JAMIE T

Anyone that has a PS2 can get Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero. In Japan the game is actually called Wangan Midnight. You play the whole game, and when you get to the end the main "Boss" is a 240Z. Fully dressed like the Wangon Midnight car. He is very hard to beat, but you can do it with a badass Skyline. The Wangan Z Makes 1100+hp, and is a MF to control. I have bought it on the game and have been trying to master driving it for the last 5 months. Granted I only play maybe once a month, but still. The game has opened the eyes of the younger generations about the S30's.

• 1 month later...