HybridZ

HLS30-14392 is no longer mine

Dtsnlvrs

After 12 years of ownership, countless hours, days and years of blood, and sweat, I sold my 240Z. It was not an easy decision, and one that has disturbed the nature of the force. Friends from far and wide...some on this site, and on others, think I am crazy....my kids want to dis-own me....my wife is worried I will just find another basket case project. I just felt I needed to step back a bit, and re-evaluate where I was going with my life and my cars. I am not ready, nor do I think I ever will be, for a trailer queen track car, and that is where the Z was heading. I had tweaked the susp and the engine to the point that it was almost a labor just to drive it on the street. I had not truly enjoyed driving her daily since I lived in Italy and could open her up any time I wanted. The paint was too beautiful....the interior too clean....the susp too tight....the engine too beastly, for an every day driver, and man how I loved to drive her.

She has gone to a good home, and i may have visitation rights when it is all said and done. She now resides on the showroom floor of Briggs Nissan in Manhattan, KS...the dealership owner is the proud owner of his "new" race car. My wife says the kids went nuts when they saw it there the other day while getting the X-Terra serviced. I have a feeling that after this deployment, I will be contracted (of sorts) to sort it out for the Auto-X season.

Now, After 24 years of Datsun ownership, I could not just walk away clean could I? I mean, I have a wealth of knowlege and experience to share. Laughs, Pains, and Joys. I have made great friends and travelled the country to show and race her. I have learned from my experiences and from others what makes these cars tick, and how to keep em going and if desired, improve them. There are those of you (you know who you are) who seem to think I may be the last "true" shade tree Weber tuner for these cars...and I hope to continue to share that knowlege with all of you who need and/or want it. Besides...I need to keep my mind sharp for the father son 240Z build planned for 2016...so keep your eyes out for that basket case project...I might be interested. In the mean time, I guess I will have to just enjoy my 944T.

Sorry to hear that.

I don't ever think about getting rid of my Z and your message creaps me out - one day it could happen :rolleyes:

You've been a great help to me on my way to become a Weber tuner wanabee, I'm glad to hear you'll stay around & I'm thankful for your help.

2016 for a new Z, would you be able to resist that long??? :P A nice one for daily street use is affordable, right? :D

Edited by Lazeum

Didn't see that one coming. Good luck with the Porsche!

Yeah, it surprised my wife when I floated the idea, and I sold it thru word of mouth while I was on Leave from Iraq for two weeks. But, it is only a matter of time before I find the right 240 to build another one. ;)

Sounds like you sold it under the best possible circumstances. I don't believe I've ever posted in you threads but your car was always drool worthy so I'm sorry to hear you got rid of it. But there is something magic about a Z, once you've had one you really can't ever get away from them. Good luck with the Porsche.

That's sad but then again sometimes the fun is in the chase. Also think of the knowledge you've gained that you can apply to the next build. When I was putting my car together I knew it was going to be my daily driver. The base design factor for me was "will my wife ride in it". She does!

Good luck on the next project.

Derek

Man oh man i know it could happen to anyone, but really i couldnt imagine selling my Kaali. Sorry to hear that. Army member here keep your head down, and be safe out in Iraq. I know its been pretty safe out there, wasnt for me the last time i was out, so come home safe.