460ZGT Project Build

yellowoctupus

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Radiator Notes: 

American Eagle Radiators: Generally made in China.  They do make SOME $700+ US radiators, but the AE634 is no longer in production and is made in the same place as the Champion Radiators they also market (I called and asked.)

Champion Radiator: CC634 Also made in China.

This stemmed from an 11yr old "Limited Lifetime Warranty" Advance Auto radiator that started leaking on me.  They no longer offer a replacement radiator AT ALL, so they're going to credit me the original purchase price towards a competitor's radiator.  Fair enough.  

Recore on my (most likely China) tanks, $400 at a local shop.  Ouch.  No idea on how the tanks are with electrolysis etc.  Could pinhole a year later.  

Griffin does have some generic fit units for around $400 but that's more leg work (and more $$) than I feel like doing right now.  A friend who does a LOT of Z cars has had good luck with the China eBay units, so I'm going to give that a shot.  Sigh....

On the plus side, the gargantuan oil leak I just got is behind the oil filter housing, and is only a gasket (hopefully).  AND, you have to drain the coolant, so I'll get it at the same time.  2 birds, one mess of oil and coolant.  Yippee. At least I don't have to have it together to drive to work tomorrow... 

• 1 year later...

Soooooo I have a trifecta of maintenance items to fix:

1. Drivers Wheel bearing.  Not too bad. Done.
  2. Drivers Inner (tripod style) CV joint.  Had a spare from buying the passenger's replacement a few years ago.  A pain, but done. 
  3. Struts (of course doing both sides at the same time). Of course, the strut I originally purchased was for a 94-04 Mustang, HOWEVER what I got was apparently a set of Belltech 1" lowering struts for that application.  
    1. 1" longer, I can flip modify the spacers where the strut mouts to the body to make up the length.
    2. The Belltech had slotted holes on the upper of the two "lower" clamp bolts.  That gave me camber adjustment.  These don't.  I'm tempted to just drill the holes out big instead of opening the holes up lengthwise with a carbide burr.  Both options sound like no fun....

Hope ya'all had a fun 4th of July!!

• 3 months later...