HybridZ

TWIN TURBO L28ET BLOW THROUGH CARB !

the-sleeper-z31

SO i WAS JUST WONDERING, HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY DONE THIS TO AN L28ET? I HAVE BEEN FABRICATING A TWIN TURBO KIT FOR MY 280Z. 83' TURBO BLOCK AND HEAD. MODIFIED BOB SHARP RACING INTAKE MANIFOLD, HOLLEY 650 CARB AND 6-1 EQUAL LENGTH N/A HEADER. THE PLAN IS TO LOOP AROUND THE BELL HOUSING AND COME BACK UP THE PASSENGER SIDE OF THE MOTOR. ONCE INSIDE THE ENGINE BAY THE PIPE Y'S AND I WILL BE MOUNTING 2 TDO5H ECLIPSE TURBO'S. PLAN ON PUSHING THROUGH THE LARGE HOLE IN RAD SUPPORT ON PASSENGER SIDE TO FMIC AND BACK THROUGH THE OTHER SIDE WHERE THE MAF USED TO SIT, TWIN BOV'S AND A 3" INLET ON THE BONNET..... I AM ABOUT 75% DONE AND AM READY TO MOUNT THE TURBO'S. ANY INPUT? SOMETHING TO LOOK OUT FOR? ANYTHING? THANX.

1 I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY YOU GUYS DONT LIKE CAPS. 2 Ive seen the TT setup just not on a carb before!

Ok i kinda understand the CAPS thing, reminds me of a episode of "Raising Hope" "DOES THIS SEEEM MORE INTERESTING?!?!?!"

I had a very rare draw through set up with a 600cfm holley in front. The Manifold was one of a kind. I'll try to find some pics.

I know that demon makes a carb for blow through set up but they are expensive. What I've had success with is building a air box for the carbs and they work well. Highly recommend a wideband as tuning will be easier that way. Don't get too big a carb or you will run very rich at idle and cruising and real nightmare for wot. no use going bigger than 600.If you really want a one off setup, go with triple mik or web whatever you prefer and build a airbox in the front. It will be like the "cartech" (not sure of the name) devil z style. I will do another z in the future with a blow through setup using triples. If you don't know how to read spark plugs than get a chart as it will be another key tuning tool.

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, BUT WOULDN'T IT BE EASIER TO RETAIN THE L28ET'S EXISTING EFI AND GO FROM THERE?

THE HOLLEY 650 YOU ARE USING, WHAT IS THE MODEL/PART #, DOES IT HAVE THE SEALED SHAFTS OR ARE YOU DOING THE CRAZY POSITIVE PRESSURE SET-UP? I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN SEEING PICTURES OF YOUR MANIFOLD, IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF FAB. FROM YOUR DESCRIPTION IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU WILL BE MOUNTING THE TURBOS ON THE RIGHT SIDE, WHAT WAS THE IMPETUS FOR THIS DECISION? WEIGHT-BALANCE? SPACE?

HUH? WHAT WAS THAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU, SOMEONE WAS YELLING! :blink:

Seriously, do people still do this? WTF? I guess they do.

How sad...

Oh yeah, and:

NO THIS IS THE FIRST TIME EVER ANYBODY HAS EVER CONCEIVED OF A TWING TURBO BLOWTHROUGH CARB SETUP FOR THE DATSUN NISSAN L6 ENGINE, THAT'S WHY THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO PHOTOS ANYWHERE ON THIS SITE OR CLASSIFIED ADS HAWKING TWIN TURBO MANIFOLDS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT! THEY WOULD NEVER TAKE THE TAKE-OFF RB26DETT TURBOS FROM A SKYLINE BEING UPGRADED AND SLAP THEM ON AN OLD L28, THE TURBOS ARE TRASHED WHEN THEY ARE REMOVED, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T REUSE TURBOS FROM ANOTHER APPLICATION, THAT WOULD BE LIKE TAKING A DIESEL TURBO FROM A BIG TRUCK AND PUTTING IT ON OUR LITTLE SIX BANGERS IT COULD NEVER WORK! B)

Nope, never been done before. This image definitely wasn't the first thing to come up when I typed in "L28 twin turbo" on Google image search, either...

AS%20twin-turbo%20TC24%20engine-1.jpg

That is an OS Giken TC24-B1 twin cam head with triple carburetors and a blow-through manifold, because your search feature must be broken.

Edited by MazterDizazter