HybridZ

Supra injectors

New 2 z

I searched the topic via google and could not come up with much. So my Z is a 85 turbo Z31 (low imp) I have a pair of 440CC injectors from a 2jz Supra, I was wondering could these injectors work? what about choking the engine at idle? half throttle full throttle? I'll also be replacing any rubber hoses and my FPR for a aftermarket FPR while I'm there, that's besides the point though.

I could care less about the plugs that is not even worth worrying about. I saw a couple of threads asking the same question but no REAL answer was given.

Hey-

I can give you some input, to try to help you. First off, welcome to the site. I know what will come next from some of the older guys will be the request that you search this forum on the supra injectors question you have. There is a sticky I think that lists different injectors and their compatability. There is a ton of info on this site, quite a bit has already been discussed.

As far as the 440cc injectors from the Supra engine, they are not really a good choice for your engine, since they are designed for a 4 valve engine. This means that the spray pattern is not conical in shape, but rather it splits into 2 different cone shapes that go off in a wider angle for the 2 intake valves of the Toyota motor. If you put these into a regular 2 valve head, this will result in the spray pattern going against the side of the intake instead of aiming at the valve.

Flow wise they are large, and if you don't have an engine that is producing at least 400hp, your putting in too much fuel. There is a formula available that computes your flow need for an injector in regards to HP, you need to use this to calculate the size of injector you require for your engine. Also the stock ECU is programmed for a much smaller injector, so the injector opening time at idle will be too long and produce a very rich idle. I think that most of the guys here that are pushing the big HP numbers on their Z's are running programable ECU's. So search the forums and google as well, You will probably get a clearer picture what to do.

Scott

Edited by PalmettoZ

Just to let you know, if the injectors are from a 2JZGTE they are 550cc unless you got them from Japan. Heres a chart for you.

•  

• 7MGE: 318cc
  • 7MGTE: 440cc
  • 2JZGE: 315cc
  • 2JZGTE: 550cc US Markets, 440cc Japan

Also, the 2JZGTE injectors are side feed, the rest on the list are top feed.

Just to let you know, if the injectors are from a 2JZGTE they are 550cc unless you got them from Japan. Heres a chart for you.

•  

• 7MGE: 318cc
  • 7MGTE: 440cc
  • 2JZGE: 315cc
  • 2JZGTE: 550cc US Markets, 440cc Japan

Also, the 2JZGTE injectors are side feed, the rest on the list are top feed.

The JDM 440cc (2jzgte) injectors are also side feed.

Edited by ozzzzz