HybridZ

Car Won't Go Into Gear When Running

Fuel situation solved... elegantly, might I add. :)

However, persistent clutch problems remain. :(

I looked on Vatozone's website saying that the metal Camaro slave w/ bleed screw was special order. I just happened to walk in to the right one, apparently, because they had it on hand (score!), so I picked it up (for less than what their website lists as the retail price!) and just to make sure I doubled checked the p/n with this HybridZ thread (on my Android, I don't know what I did before I got this phone).

I will be installing and bleeding it, tomorrow. I may order a Tilton 7/8" M/C just in case, because the Wilwood makes my firewall bulge. It would suck if I ended up fatiguing the metal, no bueno.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you guys are having issues, see my thread and read #6:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/99584-just-finished-t5-camaro-swap/

"6) FOR THOSE WHO HAVE PROBLEMS GETTING THE CAR INTO GEAR AFTER INSTALLING A NEW CLUTCH: More than likely your pilot bushing is seized onto the input shaft, causing a hard connection to the engine. Put the car into 1st gear and "bump" the starter. This will cause the bushing to free up."

Let me know if it works!

I CAN DRIVE MY CAR NOW. *celebrates*

Well, at least, it goes into gear. The brakes still aren't working like they should be (I ordered a new booster).

I swapped in the Duralast (AutoZone) slave cylinder, bled it, got more movement from it than I did the plastic one. It turns out I needed to move the push-rod further out on the pedal. I think I need to adjust it down a little, because there's no play at all in the pedal and I'm of the opinion there should always be a just a little.

Now, I just need to get my brakes to work...

Lucky I still cant get mine to work right. I've tried the bump trick and still nothing, I'm hoping its just air in the system.

Edit

Just adjusted the pushrod that goes into the master, I know have better pedal play but still no go for gears. I have a friend coming over this weekend to powerbleed the system to see if thats it. If not we will be dropping the tranny to see whats going on.

Edited by GOTHALOSISM

• 1 year later...

Is this the metal body one? Link shows metal, but says plastic. Centerforce just told me that I need a metal slave to run the PP I want.