HybridZ

Finally finished

You know how that goes. 2 years of restoration. I'm really happy with the look of the car, but the 3.1L is just not strong enough for me. Yes it's quick and is more that needed, but I think at this point I am going V8. I just found a 5.0 mustang motor out of a 94 car, complete with ECU, harness, T5 tranny, driveshaft and everything I will need for 400.00. Can't pass that up. Check out my car domain site in the signature if you want to see the build in progress. Here is a list of what is in the car now:

3.1L stroker motor. No, I don't know how much power or torque it has.

N42 head with undercut valves and manifold gasket matching.

Isky 535" lift cam with 306 duration.

Megasquirt ECU with EV14 225cc injectors.

Aluminum flywheel.

Zoom ceramic racing clutch.

Stock 4 speed.

Tokico springs and adjustable shocks.

Urethane bushings thruout.

17" wheels and rear disc upgrade.

Balance bar twin Tilton master cylinder brake upgrade from Beta motorsports.

post-4563-023548200 1296925574_thumb.jpg

Edited by PalmettoZ

You know how that goes. 2 years of restoration. I'm really happy with the look of the car, but the 3.1L is just not strong enough for me. Yes it's quick and is more that needed, but I think at this point I am going V8. I just found a 5.0 mustang motor out of a 94 car, complete with ECU, harness, T5 tranny, driveshaft and everything I will need for 400.00. Can't pass that up. Check out my car domain site in the signature if you want to see the build in progress. Here is a list of what is in the car now:

Aluminum flywheel.

Stock 4 speed.

Balance bar twin Tilton master cylinder brake upgrade from Betamotosports.

Looks perfect to me...good job

• 1 year later...

Aluminum flywheel.

Stock 4 speed.

Balance bar twin Tilton master cylinder brake upgrade from Beta motorsports.

how do you like the Tilton master cylinder upgrade? How does it feel? Could you possible post a picture of it installed? I'm very interested in this upgrade! Thanks! Great build btw!

Looks pretty nice from the one pict. Hopefully you'll like the 5.0 engine, and that's a great price for it too. There's tons of aftermarket support for that engine, not only on the stock parts side, but for swappers, since it's a popular swap for the 4x4 community as well as performance swaps. I hope you'll post lots of picts of your 5.0L swap process. Just besure you've got everything before you rip everything apart. Note that you'll probably have to do a few body mods to fit that in there. I think Mckinney makes a swap kit for that engine too.

Phar