HybridZ

240Z carbs VS 260Z carbs

Could anyone tell me is 260Z carbs would work on my 240Z. The ones I have are frozen up after sitting for 31 years so I have found a couple of 260Z carbs to replace them with if they will work ok.

Maybe someone has some available, let me know

Larry

Edited by lgoodson@pacbell.net

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone tell me is 260Z carbs would work on my 240Z. The ones I have are frozen up after sitting for 31 years so I have found a couple of 260Z carbs to replace them with if they will work ok.

Maybe someone has some available, let me know

Larry

The carbs are close to the same looking, but your origninal carbs of the 240 are much better than the carbs off the 260. The 260 carbs were smog carbs and they do not adjust as easy and they do not perform as well.

The carbs are close to the same looking, but your origninal carbs of the 240 are much better than the carbs off the 260. The 260 carbs were smog carbs and they do not adjust as easy and they do not perform as well.

Don't adjust as easily, yes.

Do not perform well? Tell that to the National Champions who won with them on the car.

Sometimes, you get caught repeating stuff you read on the internet. This is one of those times. :angry: