HybridZ

R200 Question

JG240z

I have an R200 out of a 90-93 NA 300zx. Does anyone know if this rear end with work in my 240z when doing my 302 SBF swap? I am not sure if this is the same R200 as the one that came in the 280zx. Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

I have an R200 out of a 90-93 NA 300zx. Does anyone know if this rear end with work in my 240z when doing my 302 SBF swap? I am not sure if this is the same R200 as the one that came in the 280zx. Any help would be greatly appreciated!.

Yes it will. But it is not a direct bolt in. Check out http://www.modern-motorsports.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=74&PHPSESSID=e4c4cdce0da0661dae77c16c27d4de83

Edited by ozzzzz

Thanks for the info. Does that kit make it a bolt in project, or is there still some modification needed with that kit? Thanks again!

You also need cv axles and adapters. Theres a sticky in the drivetrain forum. I have a r230 ,

I had to remove some metal above the differencial housing. I am not sure if this needs to done on the r200?

post-6144-079078800 1297123146_thumb.jpg

Edited by ozzzzz

The 240Z came with an R180, the main difference is the mustache bar and maybe the nose length, some r 200's are long nose and short nose, about 1 1/2" difference. you will need the mustache bar from a r 200 and maybe have to fabricate a front mount, you are going to have to make a driveshaft to fit either way more than likely. It isnt a hard swap over and very well worth the extra strength of the r 200. You should be able to use your half shafts with the r 200 i think, they just snap in and out of the housings.