HybridZ

These stock wheels i love so much.. i was wondering if anyone here has seen...

I just think these wheels look great on the Zs.. but if they were a little bigger and wider?

32246670001_large.jpg

has anyone seen wheels that are SIMILAR or exactly the same but LARGER like 16s or 17s and wider?... and even better.. 2 or 3 piece!?

im sure some folks hate these.. but i for one lovem.

I have seen a company make oem wheels wider, they actually cut the rims in two pieces and add between the two pieces. im trying to see where I saw this

There's a few guys on the killbillet forum that were taking steel wheels and widening them. It actually looked relatively simple. You could also have someone machine you some wheels with the same design just different size, but im sure it would be really expensive.

SSR Longchamp XR4. Immense amounts of win.

2377381230102512260Nwuuoe_ph.jpg

These are, hands down, my favorite rims ever made. Period.

It's too bad they go for 2500 a set. Very rare, 70s vintage wheels. One of my life goals is to own a set.

Hmm Search google, SSR Longchamp XR4, there's a few sets out there for cheap. less than the $2500 you'd mentioned.

eg. http://www.nengun.com/ssr/set-of-2-inches-xr-4-bs15-longchamp-88166

but those that you posted are girly woman sizes....go look for some 9, 9.5, or 10" wide sets and get youre wallet ready =( amazingly sexy wheels though

Hope the plan isn't a stock fender z with stock suspension. Your going to have mucho rub issues. Even flares with stock suspension without a wide body I see a 10" wide wheel having rubbing issues. Maybe at a 0 offset with coil overs it would clear the springs and flairs.

Hmm Search google, SSR Longchamp XR4, there's a few sets out there for cheap. less than the $2500 you'd mentioned.

eg. http://www.nengun.com/ssr/set-of-2-inches-xr-4-bs15-longchamp-88166

I did a few times, but the only ones I've found are some old posts on Zilvia, and a few other places. I haven't found a recent ad in a while for them. But maybe you're right! I sure would like a set.

Hope the plan isn't a stock fender z with stock suspension. Your going to have mucho rub issues. Even flares with stock suspension without a wide body I see a 10" wide wheel having rubbing issues. Maybe at a 0 offset with coil overs it would clear the springs and flairs.

On stock suspension, and the correct backspacing 10" wheels would be fine with flares, no way with stock fenders but flares it would be fine, lots of a done the Rota's with stock suspension and they're 9.5" and they fit fine with flares. With 10" wheels you need about 4.5" or 4" of backspacing with stock suspension you can run more with coilovers, so with 4.5" or 4" of backspace you would have a -20 to -30 offset, which is about the same as the Rotas.

The stock ZG flares were designed with 14X10" wheels in mind. Backspacking for a 10" is no problem.

Go a little wider, use a bigger flare.

My rears when I bought my car were 295/575R-14 Dunlops on 14X13's and 265's on 14X10's up front...

Went wider out back later on.

• 8 years later...
On 2/17/2011 at 7:02 PM, OustedFairlady said:

SSR Longchamp XR4. Immense amounts of win.

2377381230102512260Nwuuoe_ph.jpg

These are, hands down, my favorite rims ever made. Period.

It's too bad they go for 2500 a set. Very rare, 70s vintage wheels. One of my life goals is to own a set.

Actually the zx wheels are in fact no where near being longchamp wheels......people with actual eyes can see the difference. And the difference is the part in between the spokes....just look...they are NOT the same wheel at all...

Just wanted to clear that up.