HybridZ

5 lug stock offset front hub

I've been reading about 5 lug conversions and Modern Motorsports' 5 lug Cobra hubs are exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunately, Ross doesn't want to respond to mails so I can't buy anything from him.

Does anyone else sell/machine 5x4.5 lug pattern, zero offset hubs and Cobra caliper brackets? I don't want the ArizonaZ Wilwood kit, I'd prefer something I can get parts from a local NAPA, etc.

got to say im in the same boat as you, i was going to email next week and be ready to put down some money if needed, i like the idea of using cobra brake and can get parts cheaper. fyi if you do find another kit here a place that can get you the brake for a decent price.Its a local shop here and i know most of the guys that work there, quality stuff. to bad i dont have a mustang.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SVE-2300K/1994-04-Mustang-Sve-13-Inch-Front-Cobra-Style-Brake-Kit

it means you dont have to spend 500 bucks and wait for a million weeks of unreturned emails to get the hubs you want.

Ive tried contacting ross at MM for YEARS, never once has he responded to any email I have sent him.

I've given up on MM and am now sending my business to Techno Toy Tuning.

I too am in the same boat with needing the 5lug front conversion. I believe the hubs need to be pulled from a 87 and up 300zx but im not certain.

I also need some more details on the front 5 lug conversion.

So staying glued to the forums for a few days here's what I found.

You need the front hubs off of a 84-86 300zxt (turbo), or a 87-89 300zx (turbo model or non-turbo)

as long as the 300zx has the PENTAGON style hubs they should work.

The wheel bearing should be a 240z wheel bearing

The dust seal should be a 300zx seal.

using these parts you will move the offset of the wheel out 3/4" on each side.

I think I read that if you use the 300zx caliper you dont need to purchase a rotor to hub spacer.

BUT, its a pain to mount the caliper to the s30 spindle an is not a bolt on conversion

However, if your planning on doing the 4x4 vented rotor swap you do need a spacer.

But using the 4x4 yota or the 4runner setup maxes this a bolt on conversion.

So far Modern Motorsports is the only company I know of who makes this spacer.

If anyone knows ANYBODY else who makes this part please let me know.

hope this helps.

post-1760-019551400 1300025827_thumb.jpgpost-1760-042448900 1300025828_thumb.jpgpost-1760-091599700 1300025828_thumb.jpg