HybridZ

Are my HID's upside down?

when looking at my lights it seems that light is only coming out of the top half of the light

Generally speaking... that's actually correct.

Most H4 housings seem to work just so, with the low-beam filament directing its light primarily upward to be reflected in a downward-biased cone and the high-beam filament lighting in all directions to produce a (roughly) vertically-centered cone. The different filament locations also change where the light goes once it reaches the reflector, and it's somewhat complicated in ways that I've never taken the trouble to properly understand.

Next time you get a chance, look at a standard H4 capsule: you'll notice that there's a shield partially enclosing one of the filaments. That's the low beam, and the shield is on the bottom when properly installed.

Sealed beams, on the other hand, have no such shield. I have no idea how those optics work.

If the light pattern produced by your lamp assembly is correct, and bright enough, don't worry about it.