HybridZ

Anyone running a Holset H1C?

Hey

Just picked up a Holset H1C turbo for $200 because it was missing the vband clamp for the compressor housing, brought it to a holset rebuilder to get the Vband clamp and he said it was in great condition.

Its a huge turbo, I'm still in the process of getting everything together, need to bring my stock manifold to a welder to cut a hole and install an external wastegate

(turbonetics 42mm) and also have him fab up a downpipe. That way I can get everything put together and installed as "one piece".

Anyway I read a few threads about these turbos, found out it has an 18cm^2 turbine housing from this:

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/84733-which-holset-is-which-look-here/

But I couldn't find a topic where someone said "hey I am running an H1C, not an Hy and not an Hx series" I know that it is practically like an Hx35 since it had the 8 blade 54mm inducer.

Also a really nood question, but since it's a twin scroll, do I need to change out the turbine housing to a single from an Hx35?

I will be posting pics later tonight.

Props on the sweet score!

I'm using a WH1c on my 260. The only difference being its internally gated and has the 12cm^2 exhaust housing. I would be concerned about spooling that monster! I don't get full boost until around 3500-4000 rpms and like I said thats with the 12cm^2 housing!