HybridZ

3" Downpipe, 38MM Divorced Port Wastegate

Cannonball89, you are a man after my own heart. Here's my setup. I can't say enough good things about how much of an improvement I got from going to the divorced wastegate setup vs the internal gate. dpwg1.jpgdpwg2.jpgHere's a bit more info on my car. http://www.fstrnu.net/ Everything is pretty much the same except I'm in the middle of swapping in a GT35R.

Wow that is a beautiful piece of piping man! Is that Jet-Hot coating?

I got to say I like your whole car. I never thought I'd like a purple car but yours is so clean and sweet, not to mention fast based on the timeslip on your site. Nice work man.

• 1 month later...

Any updates, or new thoughts on this?

I am looking to do something along these lines simply because welding anything to the stock cast iron manifold is pointless and I do not want to go about making my own manifold from scratch.

Thanks and love the cars.

Any updates, or new thoughts on this?

I am looking to do something along these lines simply because welding anything to the stock cast iron manifold is pointless and I do not want to go about making my own manifold from scratch.

Thanks and love the cars.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/103931-turbine-housing-and-wastegate-porting/page__pid__977676#entry977676

That's the update on what I've been doing. There's also some good discussion on alternate boost controls. Should have results soon, after I put the LSD in and get the car back together.

And also welding the manifold is not a "waste of time". The majority of people on here have done that with success. It is actually cast steel, not cast iron.

Edited by Cannonball89

Excellent. I thought it was iron for sure. I know to weld on iron it's best to heat up the two pieces before starting to weld so that the filler penetrates enough. I was worried about the weld and/or manifold cracking after miles and miles of use (that is what I meant by pointless). Thanks for the heads up, just getting into the fabrication process of my build.

Also, very interesting conversation you are having with Tony on the other thread. I'll have to keep up with both.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...