HybridZ

RB25DET won't crank!

Long story short, I changed the oil in my car yesterday. While taking off the oil filter I knocked the starter solenoid wire off. I put it back on and lower my car back to the ground but now it won't crank. My Power FC tells me I have 12.5 volts with the ignition on. Finally, the car starts just fine. I drove the car for the rest of the day without any issues. Today, I go to get in my car to drive to the track after not driving it all day and it won't crank again! I went and bought some brake cleaner and sprayed my starter solenoid terminal and inside the plug and it still won't crank. It's dark now and I can't see anything to work on it so does anyone have any other ideas?

Check the voltage at that wire whith the key turned to start, and the wire disconnected from the starter. If you have low voltage at that wire, may be an issue in the wire or components before the starter.Correct voltage at that wire, means bad connection or bad starter.

I looked for an ignition relay but because of the Power FC, there isn't one. The only thing I can think of now is bad grounds, but that wouldn't explain the fact that I still drove it for the rest of the day...

I would also check your fuses, there is a chance you could have shorted it when it popped off. Also try just hiting the starter with 12 volts, with you car off and ecu unplugged to see if it will kickover. You may have a dead spot on the windings which will cause it to turn over sometimes but not others depending on position. Its probably wiring though if you are saying that there is no power to it when you turn the key.