HybridZ

fender flares? yes or no

austyn

im thinking about getting fender flares for my 240z but im not sure.

what do you guys think? (YES) or (NO)

also if someone has any shot me a price or can someone tell me a place where i can get some.

thanks Austyn

It's all up to you. If your car has a mint paint job maybe not. Again your choice.

If you don't mind cutting up the rear tire wells to do it properly and have fair to poor paint, do it. But going back to stock is very difficult.

If you aren't going stock, then yes. But I believe this belongs in either the S30 or Body Kits and Paint forum..

Most importantly, do what you want. If you want a badass stance with an aggressive look and wide wheels then flares are perfect.

Edited by AKZX

I went as far as acquiring the flares and rotas wheels(17x9.5) and backed out. It does look nice, but when it came down to it i realized I wanted to use my car as a DD and flares dont fall into the category of a DD IMO. I also didnt have it in me to cut my perfectly good quarter panels. I came really close to doing it but decided that it wasnt the look i wanted to go with in the end. I like the classic body lkines on the car and didnt want to riun them.

Maybe my next Z I will do fender flares...

I went as far as acquiring the flares and rotas wheels(17x9.5) and backed out. It does look nice, but when it came down to it i realized I wanted to use my car as a DD and flares dont fall into the category of a DD IMO. I also didnt have it in me to cut my perfectly good quarter panels. I came really close to doing it but decided that it wasnt the look i wanted to go with in the end. I like the classic body lkines on the car and didnt want to riun them.

I'll buy your flares if you want to sell them but I'm in the UK and will need them shipped.

Wes

Yep, that's where I was also and had nice paint.

My Silver Z came with them which was nice. Man I miss that car. I did have a few people snub the car because of the flares.

I'd be curious if there were any negative impact on the value of the car.

Flares look great if you have the right wheels and tires for them. With 17x9.5's in the rear, it should probably look really good.

If you're using smaller wheels and tires though, it usually just looks dumb.

If you're kinda worried about resale value, possibly look into some less agressive molded flares as apposed to the ZG bolted on kind. Not everyone likes the ZG look, but most people appriciate a wider stance.

Edited by Neverdone

I will buy them off you if your interested in selling them?

Austyn

• 3 weeks later...