HybridZ

May 2011 Modified Magazine Feature

Nice! Congratulations. I've noticed a lot more love for the 240Z lately in the magazines. Two of them featured prominently over the last couple of years in Super Street.

Thanks! The Datsuns have been gaining momentum in the recent years... It just took me a while to get here since I've had the car for about 8 years!

I guess I'll be hitting the magazine aisle at the grocery store, next time.

It just took me a while to get here since I've had the car for about 8 years!

By that count I still have 5 years to go. LOL!

By the way, are those wheels SSR Longchamps?!

Edited by kamikaZeS30

Just picked up the issue yesterday..... awesome job! I had been following your build for a long time. I remember you having a website dedicated to it but I lost the link.... a lot of helpful info was on there. Anyway, congratulations once again... can't bee too shabby to share an issue with an 800HP AMS GTR!

-Jose

Just picked up the issue yesterday..... awesome job! I had been following your build for a long time. I remember you having a website dedicated to it but I lost the link.... a lot of helpful info was on there. Anyway, congratulations once again... can't bee too shabby to share an issue with an 800HP AMS GTR!

-Jose

You're from Goleta? I spent the last 4 months living there working at the airport. Anyway thanks for following the build... I need to resurrect it... but I am now in the works of building a 510! I think this time I will be more thorough with the resto/build since I am taking it down to the metal!

510.jpg

Dang... where are you? Like in the Army in Korea or something?

Air Force, doing a year in Korea, however I'm in Thailand right now until Tuesday, then going back to Korea. Then going back to the States mid-May, then going to Japan mid-June. So in short, I'm going to have plenty of oppurtunities to hunt down a copy :lol:

Air Force, doing a year in Korea, however I'm in Thailand right now until Tuesday, then going back to Korea. Then going back to the States mid-May, then going to Japan mid-June. So in short, I'm going to have plenty of oppurtunities to hunt down a copy :lol:

How about picking up some fender mirrors for me at a very low price?

You're from Goleta? I spent the last 4 months living there working at the airport. Anyway thanks for following the build... I need to resurrect it... but I am now in the works of building a 510! I think this time I will be more thorough with the resto/build since I am taking it down to the metal!

510.jpg

My wife is attending the doctorate program at UCSB. I live here and work at KCMA as an airplane tech.

If the 510 has the same workmanship as the Z then I'm more than sure that it'll be ****! \edit\(rhymes with kits, lol)\end edit\ Care to share any of the future plans for it?

-Jose

Edited by Jsal32

KA24DET with A/C if I can make it work... the 510 will be a lot nicer than the 240 since I didn't replace the floors in the 240z. Nice... you're into planes and Datsuns like me!

Yeah I'm currently working on Piaggio Avantis. I'm hoping to get to jump-seat on one of them one of these days but just working on them has been fun......

Back to the cars....

The subtlety (at least on the outside) of your Z has always been what I've loved the most; clean, nice drop, and some old school JDM wheels. And for some reason people tend not to like the old school colors like the yellow or the orange but your car is a perfect example of how bad-ass that yellow is.

Keep up the good work! A 510 with AC would be sick!

-Jose

Edited by Jsal32