HybridZ

Modded 240z ,interesting.

I think it's WORSE tan that!

Take a CLOSE look at the A pillar. :malebitch

That IS scary.

WAIT A MINUTE! How did he hinge the door???

This guy must be a Houdini!!

HOUND not included. :P

post-3495-081324000 1302914104_thumb.jpg

Edited by jasper

I give it three thumbs down.

I would venture to say they focused on the wrong things with this build... which is why they are selling it right now. You would think they would have attacked the hatch sill rust when they had the car apart? No, sorry, shaved door handles are more important.

Hmm I'm no expert on rollbars, but I'd say no diagonal crossbrace/padding. It is integrated into the frame up at the top.. I'm curious about the rules at that part, Integration into yout frame...

You may be right about that. I just couldn't get past the weld in the middle of the main hoop. You won't find a sanctioning body anywhere in the country that will accept a two piece main hoop.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

In a Sleepless night a couple of years ago, I had such an idea.

Lets chop the roof from my s30. My first nightmare was that it should apear like the car above.

Now after years, its first apearance outside.

post-2137-033148200 1339871520_thumb.jpg

post-2137-031965200 1339871665_thumb.jpg

these are the only pics in this topic, see more in

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/107335-top-chop-update/

I know now how much work it is to top chop your 240z s30 datsun, the man who Chopped this top had a vision I guess.

But you have to love the result.

Greetz Jack280

Nice Job Jack, You've shown there is a right away and certainly a wrong way to go about chopping a Z. Yours looks much better than the OP car. Would you mind expanding on your vehicle. Tell us how you handled the windshield and wipers. What were you major challenges? and if you had to do it again, what would you do differently? I'd really like to see more pictures.

Phar

Wow, that's wicked dumb. I can barely fit in a regular roof'd 240Z; I'd have to chop my head off to fit in that one! Doesn't even look good...

Hey brother ever hear of "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it" ? nobody cares if you think its dumb or that you think it doesn't look good. not what Hybridz is about. Go to freshalloy with comments like that!!!!

My 2 cents!

Mods please delete his post and mine after that!!!

Actualy,

I posted this pic/link to see what others thought

of this hacked car.

This car is a HORRIBLE mess. Butchered.

THIS CAR IS NOT USEFUL IN ANY WAY.

Your post ignores this FACT.

Function over form is what Hybrid z is about.

This car is WRONG in applied function.........

Therefore....only your post should

be removed. <_<

Edited by jasper

Hi guys,

In a Sleepless night a couple of years ago, I had such an idea.

Lets chop the roof from my s30. My first nightmare was that it should apear like the car above.

Now after years, its first apearance outside.

post-2137-033148200 1339871520_thumb.jpg

post-2137-031965200 1339871665_thumb.jpg

these are the only pics in this topic, see more in

http://forums.hybrid...op-chop-update/

I know now how much work it is to top chop your 240z s30 datsun, the man who Chopped this top had a vision I guess.

But you have to love the result.

Greetz Jack280

Ok so we are talking about the car in the first post? The one above is done much better then the one in the first post. If we are talking about the first car. I tend to agree it doesn't look right. I thought we were talking about the car on this page. My apologies

If it weren't for the side by side comparison you almost couldn't tell it was chopped.

Edited by stony

Maybe some confusion. ;)

Ebay car is HORRIBLE IN EXECUTION.

Jack 280 is well done(externaly), and is barely

perceptible.

Jack280's car looks good.

The OP car is a hack job.

VERY POOR execution.

Considering the QUALITY of his other mods,

I would EXPECT this chop (jack 280) to be well done in execution.(quality wise)

Hi guys, thank you for the comments on my car. If you want to see more pics and updates go to the link in the bottom of this post. If that doesn't work, go to fabrication forum or search for top chop. I'm only updating in that topic.

I don't know how tall 6'5" is but i am 1.84 meter and raised the floor 35mm and chopped the top 50mm. The seat is tilted backwards and mounted on the floor in the back. In the driving position I still have some 5 cm space. When I had to do it again my first goal would be door glass that fits from the start and build the rest to fit the glass. In my case I have to cut side glass from a truck front windscreen.

When I started to lower the roof I completely removed the front windscreen frame including wiper mount ant tilted it backwards. Now I can use a stock windscreen and I have to modifie all body panels around the windscreen fo a proper fit. I am still using the stock doorglass frames to keep the classic style of the origional car. And when I had to it again, I would start with a tuned s30 so only the chop had to be done.

If You want more information. Go to the fabricaton forum. Greetz Jack