HybridZ

How to set up fuel and spark tables in tunerstudio?

Cannonball89

Can someone explain to me how the AFR, VE, and IGN tables work in Tunerstudio?

For the IGN table, instead of the Y axis being MAP as in Megatune, it is called IGNload%, so I'm a little confused as to what IGNload% is equal to. I thought it might just be a percentage of maximum MAP value, IE: I enter 250 KPA as my max MAP value, then 250 KPA would be 100%, 200 KPA would be 75% etc, but it seems that most people have been using 400% as the max IGNload% value. Why would percentages be used instead of the simple MAP Y axis that megatune uses? And what exactly does it mean? The AFR and VE tables are set up similarly but it seems that 100% AFRload% and 100% VEload% are the max values for those tables. I can't seem to find any information in the Megamanuals or EFIanalytics website explaining this.

This is a bit of a problem for me, because I have MS3, and am therefore only able to use Tunerstudio, I can't set up Megatune initially then figure out Tunerstudio as I go. I pretty much am trying to make my own tune from scratch because I can't find an MSQ for MS3 for the L28ET yet. The problem is that when trying to copy data from the sticky http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/34536-megasquirt-map-information-sharing-all-code-versions/ into my tables, my Y axis is different than the ones in that thread because they are all from Megatune.

So please help me figure this out, thanks.

I set up my car using Tuner Studio when I had my stroker engine, and its very different from regular MS. It was a NA motor though, not Turbo charged. Not sure if you can copy from existing tables for the ignition. I would contact them directly and ask these questions, since the website doesn't really support the Tuner Studio stuff, unless that has changed in the past 2 months or so. I was pretty frustrated trying to get mine going, alot of differences in nomenclature from the old to the new.

Unfortunatly I think your on your own here, since almost all the info here is for MS I,II.

Well I guess this is as close to a pioneer as I will ever be... I'd like to get the car idling sometime tonight (It's 2AM right now so I guess I mean less than 24 hours from now :rolleyes: ) I think I will load the "MS3 example tune" that is included in the Tunerstudio software as a baseline, then set it to my engine parameters, and fine tune from there. I'm thinkin it will be close enough to get it started. The important thing will be to set my engine characteristics and injector characteristics, as well as my spark settings and ignition trigger methode correctly. These settings are close enough to Megatune that I think I can figure it out.

Wish me luck :)

Here is the best post I found about ignition load on the msextra forum:

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=131&t=36692&p=252965&hilit=load#p252965

Looks like if you set load calculation to speed density then 100% = 100kpa, that makes sense why people with 4 bar map have 400% = 400kpa. And Good Luck :D