HybridZ

S30 Brake Upgrade using Z32 Calipers

any one know wer to get drilled through or slotted replacement rotors for the s30?

Dont buy any that have been "custom" drilled on a new rotor. They are prone to cracking. Try to find one that has been CAST with holes in it. But besides that point, slots have been proven to be more effective and safer.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used z32TT aluminum calipers, 350z brembo 12.75 inch track rotor, z31 5 lug hub, kept the s30 spindle and bearing design, I designed my own caliper adapter, used Earls braided flex brake line, brake line mounts to bracket made onto adapter. This did create a slight offset for the new wheel. I believe it is around 22mm. I couldn't find an original seal that would fit the z31 hub and the original s30 spindle. I did manage to find a 350z seal that would work. I had to have the inner side of hub tooled out to fit new seal in.

• 1 month later...
Guest skimattybee

ok so i have a full setup, Front and rear z32 calipers and z32 drilled/slotted rotors. i am wanting to keep the stock 4 lug on my s30. i am under the impression that i need to redrill the rotors to fit the 4 lug on my s30, along with the rear brake bracket what am i missing?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Then start making brackets. If you want it, got out and make it happen.

John is right on the money. Mock it up on a spare set of strut tubes and break out the calipers. It isn't rocket science to draw up something to have made at the machine shop, just a little R&D.

Once you get it right order a quantity from where you had the prototypes made and sell them here to recoup your costs. I'm sure some people will buy them purely for the fact that they say "NISSAN" on the side. There's been plenty of interest for a kit in the past.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay everybody, I got the brackets and still doing some R&D. How many people would be interested in the Z32 caliper bracket? If I get enough interest I will produce them.

Price would be about 150ish, which seems to be what brackets similar to this normally go for like 4x4, s13 rear calipers etc.

Edited by gsxtcy

Okay everybody, I got the brackets and still doing some R&D. How many people would be interested in the Z32 caliper bracket? If I get enough interest I will produce them.

Price would be about 150ish, which seems to be what brackets similar to this normally go for like 4x4, s13 rear calipers etc.

At or near that price, count me in.

g