HybridZ

S30 Brake Upgrade using Z32 Calipers

I am definitely in. Just 1 set. ETA?

I finally bought all the parts to test fit and should know the will update you by the end of the week hopefully

Count me in!

But what about the rears? I.e. if you wanted to use Z32 rears as well.

...and I haven't heard anyone mention a brake m/c-booster combo to go with them. Any suggestions?

-Jose

Not a clue on rears or Mc/ brake booster setups. And I had no plans for a Z32 rear setup.

Edited by gsxtcy

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I have read through this thread to be clear of what the goal is but I seem lost. I understand it's to use z32 calipers. One post is talking about using the track rotors(bigger brakes!!!î—î—î—) and another wants it for the 5 lug. I have the Toyota set up and four lug. Will be sticking to four lug too. Will these brackets make a z32 caliper work with the track rotor(drilled for 4 lug) in the traditional manner as the stock/Toyota set ups? Or is this for 5 lug and rotor on outside of hub? Is there a weight savings from the Toyota setup to this? I would be interested in a set of brackets if it all bolts together roughly the same.

Ok I have read through this thread to be clear of what the goal is but I seem lost. I understand it's to use z32 calipers. One post is talking about using the track rotors(bigger brakes!!!î—î—î—) and another wants it for the 5 lug. I have the Toyota set up and four lug. Will be sticking to four lug too. Will these brackets make a z32 caliper work with the track rotor(drilled for 4 lug) in the traditional manner as the stock/Toyota set ups? Or is this for 5 lug and rotor on outside of hub? Is there a weight savings from the Toyota setup to this? I would be interested in a set of brackets if it all bolts together roughly the same.

Great question and I apologize if my research efforts to develop these have jacked the thread. Once I have everything figured out I will create a separate thread complete with pictures and explanation, but I thought this thread would be best to update people on my progress.

I believe you are referring to the 240sx kit that uses the Z33, 350z track rotors with the Z32 calipers. That is NOT I'm using.

These brackets are similar to the 4X4 kit, except I'm not sure if a spacer will be necessary. With the current rotor I'm testing conceivably you COULD have it drilled for 5 lug applications.

Because of the increased size of the rotor and the larger caliper than the 4x4 kit I highly doubt it will weigh less, but once it's assembled I will weigh it all as well.

Hope this answers your questions, As soon as I get the rotors I will update you.

Edited by gsxtcy

Ok so just to clear up your project... You are fabbing brackets to make z32 calipers work with drilled(4 lug) big 350 track rotors in the stock s30 configuration as a alternative to the Toyota setup? Cool! Please keep posted as interest is peaked!

Ok so just to clear up your project... You are fabbing brackets to make z32 calipers work with drilled(4 lug) big 350 track rotors in the stock s30 configuration as a alternative to the Toyota setup? Cool! Please keep posted as interest is peaked!

the Z32 bracket I'm reproducing does NOT use Z33 rotors!

Just to clarify this for everyone right now I'm test fitting 06-09 Honda Odyssey rotors

Edited by gsxtcy

Guest tybee260

Brianzortiz- I know its a bolt on upgrade for the 240sx..I am talking about for the s30. So your saying I can just buy a MM rear brake bracket and bolt up z32 rear calipers to my s30?

The MM uses 240sx s13 calipers, and an s13 rear you can bolt in z32 2 pot rear bolt in with no mods. So yes I am saying you can buy MM brackets and run z32 2 pot rear. I think Tyler013.. (more to the name <--) Is doing just that.

Don't mean to thread jack, but is MM selling stuff again? I know the site is up but are people now able to place orders? I tried a few months back with no success and herd that people were waiting months for the stuff they ordered. If they operating again thats awesome! B)

The MM uses 240sx s13 calipers, and an s13 rear you can bolt in z32 2 pot rear bolt in with no mods. So yes I am saying you can buy MM brackets and run z32 2 pot rear. I think Tyler013.. (more to the name <--) Is doing just that.

Don't mean to thread jack, but is MM selling stuff again? I know the site is up but are people now able to place orders? I tried a few months back with no success and herd that people were waiting months for the stuff they ordered. If they operating again thats awesome! B)

Guest tybee260

I searched for a contact telephone number but I had no luck. I'm guessing the only way to get In touch with Ross is through email?